Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine didnt... and i have no threaded rod to attach one to. can anyone recommend a cheap one and where to get it?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Fong,

Well, any gun shop should have a selection of cleaning kits and individual items suitable for any caliber or barrel length.
I find the aluminum rod I purchased first actually leaves chips in certain barrels with sharp rifling. Brass is better.
Try these two sites for anything and everything.:)

http://www.midwayusa.com/

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Russell

·
Registered
536 Posts
No.

Mine came with a slotted rod (holds a patch). I use an aftermarket aluminum rod with a brass brush; i may switch to a nylon brush... i worry that the brass one may wear the barrel. (Yes, i know bullets are harder on it than the brush...call me stupid and paranoid).

thorn

·
Registered
22 Posts
No brush/rod or attachments came with my P99AS. You might want to consider investing in a boresnake. I know they're kinda pricey, but you don't have to worry about scraping anything. I bought a 22LR version of the boresnake for about $10 and I was very impressed. Didn't have to get the bore brush or cleaning rods out. I recommend the boresnake. Much easier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yah no bore brush for me either, just the slotted rod for patches.

I've heard great things about Boresnakes, but haven't used one.

I have an Otis tactical cleaning kit as I have multiple calibers of firearms to clean.

IMHO get a cleaning kit for all your firearms, it's worked out for me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Boresnake is good for minor cleaning, but I wouldn't just use that as my sole cleaning of the gun. I use a boresnake at the range if I an shoot several hundred rounds and I want to clear the barrel of any obstructions for a quick clean. That said, I am not one of these "don't let the sun go down on a dirty gun" guys, but you should clean the gun with more than "just" a boresnake. Just don't get a stainless brush ... it can damage the barrel. Copper good, steel bad.

Have fun with your new gun!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i bought a boresnake too, i like it but am concerned that it does a full job, my kit came with a rod for patches so i may purchase some for some deep cleaning

1 - 9 of 9 Posts