Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this new listing on Simpson Ltd.’s site yesterday, and I wanted to know what the cognoscenti here think. The guys at Simpson know their stuff, but I don’t recall reading of any factory finish for PPs other than blued, and the finish seems to be covering the police markings. Thoughts?
https://simpsonltd.com/manhurin-pp-z42934/

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To their credit, Simpson changed the description today in response to my email yesterday. Not surprising, this is a quality outfit. Thanks, Martin!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My bad: SW = Sicherheitswache. That means there were/are several SW outside of Wien/Vienna. Police is correct.

·
Super Moderator
7,319 Posts
Any price adjustment after correcting the error?
Moon

·
Registered
484 Posts
My bad: SW = Sicherheitswache. That means there were/are several SW outside of Wien/Vienna. Police is correct.
The Bundessicherheitswache, Sicherheitswache for short, was a federal police with units in several Austrian cities. The entire outfit got wrapped into a new Bundespolizei in the 1990s.

Any price adjustment after correcting the error?
Moon
I didn't see the price before, but the current $695 are way over-priced for a non-original type of refinish on a surplus pistol that appears to have been rather "experienced" under the nickel.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
$695.00 is rather too expensive for a refinished PP. I would think they'd drop the price.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Super Moderator
7,319 Posts
Yeah, I'd want to examine it in person, just to see how 'previously owned' this is. It is a handsome gun.
Moon

·
Registered
38 Posts
A.F. Stroeger (early '60's) imported PP's in various finishes, Std, Stainless Steel, Chrome & even Gold plated with pearl grips! Duralumin slides were made on some models as well as receivers with an all Duralumin PP weighing around 25% less than the standard model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts