Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Wish I would have known, I'd have 100% grabbed that instead of the tungsten.

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you can find someone who can apply a TiN coating to your current CCP. That's certainly an interesting colour.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna grab the WMD BCG in TiN for my AR15, the Brownells is probably fine but has mixed reviews and I'm not sure about the lightweight ones (I would like one but I don't want to effect anything as you need a proper adjustable gas block which my Sig M400 Tread does not have). Well WMD or Brownell, Brownell seems to be out of them but I guess they allow rebranding? I can't figure out what else is going on here: AR/15M16 - 5.56/223 Bolt Carrier Group Titanium Nitride other Brownell affiliates are sold out but not them.

As for the CCP M2 slide made by WMD. Wouldn't it make more sense to just sell the slide? Well I guess they can't just get one slide with no frame so it's pointless. I just didn't even know they existed or I probably would have grabbed it, would be cool if they could somehow redo the barrel in a darker bronze with some striations but that probably costs too much.

· Premium Member
3,780 Posts
As for the CCP M2 slide made by WMD. Wouldn't it make more sense to just sell the slide?
I don't think WMD makes the slide. They probably purchased a few CCP's and applied their TiN treatment.

You might want to email them for clarification. They may even be able to quote you a price for your CCP

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't think WMD makes the slide. They probably purchased a few CCP's and applied their TiN treatment.

You might want to email them for clarification. They may even be able to quote you a price for your CCP
Yeah you're probably right, I imagine that's why it is the price it is. I think the regular CCP M2+ 9mm is like $380? $200 for that coating on the slide is a bit steep but I'd actually have to see it, if it's on the inside too (which I highly doubt) it'd be 100% worth it. $499 seems more reasonable but I'm seeing a TiN/TiCN supply chain issue, Jarvis had my barrel in stock and it took them over EIGHT WEEKS to coat it, when they said their normal turnaround time on it is 2 weeks. So that could be it maybe?

Edit: just noticed they DO coat the barrel, that's a lovely change from the funky obviously not a regularly made Walther barrel they have on them now, I now think the price is justified and may grab one if they come out with an M2+ version, hopefully, that's why it's out of stock....also hopefully Walther makes a damn double stack magazine for that thing and sell 20,000 of them in 3 months. So interesting, the entire current production line can get a coated barrel from somewhere, neat! I'm definitely gonna be on this like white on rice when my FFL goes through.

Handwriting Office supplies Office equipment Window Rectangle

· Registered
132 Posts
Unless you're auditioning for a part in an upcoming Goldmember movie sequel with Mike Meyers, IMHO that pistol is absolutely h-i-d-e-o-u-s.

WMD doesn't make anything, they're simply a gunshop and coating provider in Florida - selling what they coat. Reading over their "About" spiel reads like they're a certified contractor with NASA, which doesn't surprise me as most of these aftermarket entities, many with zero prior experience in the firearm industry that have popped up over the last 5+ years with aftermarket slides particularly, really pour on the high tech sounding BS verbiage to attract newbies and the naïve.

I personally think the "trend" of colorized firearms is nothing but a distraction from what's truly important; function and reliability. E.g., have you seen the absolute slew of colorized SCCY pistols that are available? Adding eye popping color to these pistols has done absolutely nothing to improve SCCY's reputation or the reliability of their firearms, or caused SCCY pistols to fly off of gunstore shelves everywhere...they're still just collecting dust. And I seriously doubt that anyone would all of a sudden consider purchasing a pink SCCY pistol just because one became available with a gold TiN coated barrel & slide.

But if your main concern is with image then by all means purchase as many of these pistols as you can, maybe hook up with De Beers and add some diamonds or gemstones while you're at it? ;)

And unless you have a magic wand, no one is going to make a double stack magazine for the single stack Walther CCP M2, not even Walther as it not only negates the purpose of the CCP M2 as a thin concealed carry piece but is physically impossible to undertake given the mag well dimensions of the pistol.

"I'm definitely gonna be on this like white on rice when my FFL goes through."

So, you've applied for an FFL(?)...are you going to be a brick and mortar store gunshop owner?

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
Yeah you're probably right, I imagine that's why it is the price it is. I think the regular CCP M2+ 9mm is like $380? $200 for that coating on the slide is a bit steep but I'd actually have to see it, if it's on the inside too (which I highly doubt) it'd be 100% worth it. $499 seems more reasonable but I'm seeing a TiN/TiCN supply chain issue, Jarvis had my barrel in stock and it took them over EIGHT WEEKS to coat it, when they said their normal turnaround time on it is 2 weeks. So that could be it maybe?
I don't think Jarvis coats anything. They send the barrel out to a third-party that specializes in that sort of thing.

The same goes if you want the barrel ported. They farm that work out to a company that specializes in that.

Jarvis is first and foremost a barrel maker and a darn good one.

Their barrels have been used to win championships in some of the most accuracy intensive shooting sports.

They've branched into comps but barrels are where they started and earned their positive rep.

· Registered
3,902 Posts
Yeah, I'm probably gonna grab the WMD BCG in TiN for my AR15, the Brownells is probably fine but has mixed reviews and I'm not sure about the lightweight ones (I would like one but I don't want to effect anything as you need a proper adjustable gas block which my Sig M400 Tread does not have). Well WMD or Brownell, Brownell seems to be out of them but I guess they allow rebranding? I can't figure out what else is going on here: AR/15M16 - 5.56/223 Bolt Carrier Group Titanium Nitride other Brownell affiliates are sold out but not them...........
When it comes to AR BCG coatings, Robar NP3+ (electroless nickel impregnated w/DuPont Teflon) is tough to beat.
Make the gun run more reliably, even without any lube.........

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Machine gun Military camouflage Air gun Trigger Soldier

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When it comes to AR BCG coatings, Robar NP3+ (electroless nickel impregnated w/DuPont Teflon) is tough to beat.
Make the gun run more reliably, even without any lube.........

View attachment 108293

View attachment 108292
Is that similar to the NIB-X that WMD uses? Was actually thinking about getting this guy instead AR-15/M16/M4 5.56 Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group - TiN - Titanium Nitride POLISHED - wmdguns.com

Edit: I guess it's some type of proprietary Nickel Boron Firearm Coatings - wmdguns.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts