Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Many have not set foot into a Dick's since their anti-2nd A antics started, myself, both my sons, and ALL our significant others are among them.

It's great to see Dick's reaping the fruits of their labors!

We've also severed ties to Bank of America and Citibank too.

Even investments, almost all our portfolio holdings are in pro-2nd A funds and stocks.

Reactions: Mandomom

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think your right....and I don't care if they don't care. Who's runnin' that outfit.....oops, who cares? Actually, I care about their stock price.....hoping it goes to 23 cents.....I'm doing my part. :D I'm buying all my sporting goods and firearms from CrossRoads Pawn and Audio.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Preliminary research of gun sales for the second and third quarters of 2018 indicate that sales have dropped approximately 10% compared to a year ago. That could be the cause of Dicks lowered sales as well. Dicks also faces other business operatiional issues and some analysts have reduced its rating from buy to hold but no one is calling for significant problems. Whether their position on purchasing age really is taking a toll remains to be seen. Here's one chart indicating a drop in sales and I found that Aug, Sept and October are similar.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/07/10/gun-sales-dropping-nics-checks/

·
Registered
854 Posts
In 2013 the local Dick's started to take your driver's license no when purchasing any kind of ammo.
So on principle I stopped any and all purchase at Dick's.
The current Dick's management apparently is realigning to atheletics and golfing.
If that is their market is one thing. However actively attacking American Second Amendment rights is another.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The current Dick's management apparently is realigning to atheletics and golfing.
If that is their market is one thing. However actively attacking American Second Amendment rights is another.
Right. It's not my business what marketing decisions they make. But when they want to make political noise with those decisions, I will do my small part to help them make it in an empty store.

Same with Citibank and L.L. Bean. You lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

M

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
This quote comes from their 10-Q filing with the SEC:

Our firearms policy changes have led to a continuing decline in our
hunt business, which was a challenged category coming into fiscal 2018. We are evaluating our strategy for the hunt business across all of our banners. This may include optimizing our hunt merchandise assortment and allocating floor space to other merchandise categories that we expect to drive profitable sales growth.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey guys....dicks is a business. They are large and not stupid. They were never a large gun retailer and their target customer is someone who’s into to excercise sports and not so much hunting, camping etc.

I am sure they know what floor space produces what, and for every gun-guy pissed at them, there might be two people happy with them.

We shop there. Buy workout clothes and other things. I don’t need to buy guns and ammo from them...never have and have plenty of other options. They were never good at it.

While every consumer has the right to buy when and where they want. You can always find something about some business that might piss ya off...a policy, a feeling, an opinion. Next thing you know, you won’t be able to go anywhere.

And as other have pointed out, gun sales are down. If you own gun stock, you better hope a super liberal gets in the WH because sales will go way up.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And as other have pointed out, gun sales are down. If you own gun stock, you better hope a super liberal gets in the WH because sales will go way up.
Yep, I've got a few guns I could sell....but, I'll wait until the time is right. :D

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yep, I've got a few guns I could sell....but, I'll wait until the time is right. :D

You could always use this depressed gun market to get more.

If I find a "right priced" Barrett, I may pick up my own, so I don't need to "borrow" the neighbors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutely, now is the time to stock up.....however, I can only afford about 2 rounds for the Barrett 50.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts