Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hokay,

My Desantis Pro Stealth holster arrived Friday - Merry Xmas to me. It is ambidextrous IWB with a mag pouch attached.

On the website it allows you to choose which pistol you own, presumably for a perfect fit.

However, the pistol menu only tells the factory which size to ship. The package said "fits most 4'' barrel models". So what I thought was a custom job turned out to be a general size match. I don't expect to carry much as the CCW in MO with class and license costs (over $300 combined for 3yr licnese) it is not worth it as I expect to move out of state within the year. And CC in a vehicle is legal regardless.

Additionaly, open carry is legal without a permit so I thought I could switch the side that the waist clip is on for OWB carry but it is so difficult to remove. It seems that to remove it, I'd have to bend back the clip so far that it might comprise its 'tightness' or strength. I've tried using an Allen wrench to assist but to no avail (any thoughts?)

Instead, I clipped it to my closet organizer and hide it under my clothes.

Drawing is fast and easy but it takes some time to re-holster. Also, the the mag holder is expandable elastic and it will take some work to stretch it out to fit the p99 15rd mag. I may just cut it off.

Other than the flaw in clip design and misleading advertising of a custom job. It is comfortable to wear IWB, conceals well and is a better, more accessible method of storage and carry than the box or in hand.

If I decide to get a new pistol, I'll put in the travel - nothing beats trying something out in person at the store - you can never be 100% sure with products you order over the web.

CR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a similar holster and I received with it a plastic batten that is used to remove the clip from the retainer and Velcro. You slide the plastic batten between the clip and the Velcro and then you can just slide the clip out of the attachment.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts