Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Earls, where can I order a Derma-grip to fit the P99? Vertriebkaehny?

Tried a web search, nothing came up (except a place in Ireland, which looked dodgy).

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you find a place, let us all know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just placed an order with http://www.kaehny.de/export/export.htm .  They responded to my email quickly; the price was $12US + $6US shipping.  Which is better than Earl's would have done.

When it comes in, I'll report.

How bizarre that one has to go across the Atlantic for good service.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
They obviously still know what customer service is on the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (acrashb @ Aug. 15 2003,8:15)]When it comes in, I'll report.
That was bloody quick, especially including the weekend. It arrived today. I'll test it on the weekend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put it on and it works very well. The grip has no slippage at all now; I just shot the best 10-yard group yet.

Took a while to fully heat-shrink, and if I was doing it again I'd shrink the back part first (to pull the front tighter over the finger grips).

V. will be getting more of my business.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How high up the backstrap does it go?
My wife has problems with getting a blister where the trigger group is pinned in, about 1/2" above the backstrap insert.
I wonder if the derma-grip would help?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It comes to within 1/4" of that roll pin, and I have it as high as possible.

You might try putting a chamfer or radius on the holes.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Already chamfered and polished the hole, she hasn't had an extended range session since then though.
Looks like the derma-grip wouldn't solve that problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed Dema Grip on my P 99 -9mm. Feels good, but I was wandering if it could cause some wear over the original finish. I would also be concerned if the frame was made of steel due to all the sweat, etc. that could get between the grip and the frame.

Any expereinces using Derma Grip after long time ?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[b said:
Quote[/b] (david @ Nov. 12 2003,11:24)]I would also be concerned if the frame was made of steel due to all the sweat, etc.  that could get between the grip and the frame.

Any expereinces using Derma Grip after long time ?
Since it isn't steel, no worries there.

I haven't taken it off to look underneath... since that is a one-way trip.

The outer surface, which at first was quite rough (very grippy) has worn a bit. It still gives a good grip, and no longer leaves stipple-marks in my palm.

The grip as a whole is in exactly the same place as when it was installed. No slippage.

Overall, good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts