Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll end up with both.  I've been a 1911 man for years but with the end of the hi cap stuff I've been carrying a Sig 229 that never has a problem, but I'm not as accurate with it as the 1911.  I like German engenering, and want to know which of these wuld be easier to conceal.

·
Registered
539 Posts
How do their sizes compare? If they're about equal then they should be equally easy to conceal. Of course this depends a bit on the holsters that are available for both. The more important point should be (IMO) which one you shoot better. This could be based on basic ergonomics, pointability, controlability in the chosen caliber and which trigger you like best. I assume in HK you're talking about the 2000SK? I forget if it only comes in LEM or what. The P99c only comes in QA trigger. Is there a range nearby that rents these? They're both pretty new guns so they might be hard to find. You should be able to find full size versions with the same trigger though.

Can't really go wrong with either I'm sure

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love HK stuff. I have a P7-M8 and a P7-M13.

Actually, you can get a P99C with an AS trigger configuration. I have one.

I have been told that you can get a 2000SK with a "Variant 3" (DA/SA) trigger as well as the LEM. They are much more uncommon than the LEM model though.

The P99 is longer than the 2000SK
It weighs slightly less.
It is not quite as tall as the HK.
And it is ever so slightly thinner.

Probably a wash. As Nocturnal says, you can't go wrong.

I looked at the Glock 26, the XD compact, The P99, and the P2000. I chose the P99 because:

It seemed to fit my hand better (with the smaller backstrap) than the Glock 26.
It was smaller than the XD
I like Tenifer.
I LOVE the trigger. I prefer DA/SA over the Glock action (though I will probably wind up with a 26 at some point).
P2000SK is relatively expensive and I couldn't find a variant 3.
Also, I am hearing some disturbing things about the level of HK's service nowadays.

If you can't find some to shoot, at least try to find some to handle. See which feels better.

Barrel length doesn't really seem to be that big of a factor if you're concealing IWB.

Weight can be a factor, but a good rig can offset that.

For me, the height and width of a gun are the primary factors.
Too wide and it bulges more. Too tall and either the butt or the corner of the slide prints. For that reason, I sometimes favor the magazine without the pinky rest.

I'm a small guy, but given the right clothes, rig, and gun, I manage.

Speaking of rig. Get a good belt designed to carry a gun.
And get a good holster. It makes things go much easier.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, that's supposed to be the future -
Supposedly the QA will be the only model imported from now on. But, there are still AS models on dealer's shelves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts