Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my local dealer trying to order a P99 9mm and he was telling me that it would be months before I received my order. He said it is a rare gun and not many produced..WTF...So I hung up thinking he's an idiot. Where can I purchase one of these? I'm in NC if it helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try Val at Gulfstream Sports in FLA.  Check guns america 
  Go to the Walther pistols section; you'll see his stuff!
He did right by me!!!

Chris~

gunsamerica

·
Registered
356 Posts
It sounds like you have no reason to visit that dealer again.

Back when I rekindled my interest in firearms, 3-4 years ago, I tried to buy several pistols that local dealers said were not available, including 9mm P99s. I also tried to buy an HK P7M13 with the same luck (or lack thereof). I have since found out that these are rather abundant, and now buy from out-of-state sources, and have a local dealer transfer them to me. It's cheaper in the long run, and don't have to hear the "that's a rare gun, and can't get them" response.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's amazing how little information gun shop sales people have. Try asking for a Colt, you will hear anything from they are out of business to they only sell to military (both untrue).

I looked at a P99QA on Thursday at the local Galyan's which happens to be across the state line because I live right near the border. After showing him all the things he didn't know about the gun I got the "Can we wrap that up for you today?" speil. I informed him that I lived across the line and asked him how he would handle the transfer. He said "Oh it's no problem, if you live in an adjoining state we can sell it to you." After explaining the finer points of federal gun law to him he became frustrated and went to get his manager to prove me wrong. He came back with his tail between his legs and told me I was right. I told him I might still be interested and asked the stores arrangement with FFL transfers (which are common practice here because the major city is across the line). His response was "Huh, what's and FFL?" At that point I had enough of my time wasted and left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts