Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran up on the SS Interarms PPK (not S) for $450. With the box and extra mags. Should I go for it?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Even if it’s a .380 it’s worth that in today’s market, just so long as it isn’t all hogged up.

gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
**ISO P.38 ac42 mag 4848b, PPK mag 285129K/2, Erfurt Luger mag 0253Q**

·
Registered
23 Posts
On the outset I'd say that's a good deal. But what kind of condition is it in? I looked for months and turned down a few where the seller was a bit evasive to certain questions, or the pics showed evidence of potential problems (scratches, a lot of wear, etc)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I bought it...It's in really good shape, hasn't been shot much...I took it apart and either it was cleaned very thoroughly or not shot much. Three magazines, but no box...the previous owner is looking for it. I'll take a photo of it later on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I bought it...It's in really good shape, hasn't been shot much...I took it apart and either it was cleaned very thoroughly or not shot much. Three magazines, but no box...the previous owner is looking for it. I'll take a photo of it later on.
Good deal. Do you know the date? There are some links on this site that can help you date it if not.

·
Super Moderator
7,267 Posts
Gene, 3 factory mags? Your grips look a little worn, tho' replacements (OEM or wood, which is bulkier)are to be found. The scuffs on the stainless can be cleaned up with 3M cloth; brush with the grain.
Moon

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, 3 factory mags...2 SS, one nickel. The grip panels look better than in the photo, pretty much perfect, I'm not going to replace them...no reason. There was a few scratches, but later I removed them pretty well with a Scotchbrite.

I'll fire it tomorrow with HB and one mag of the expensive Critical Defense.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
$450 with three magazines sounds like a good deal to me. I would have been happy to pay that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts