Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my slide back from Dawson a couple days ago. Turn around time was less than three weeks from the day I sent it to them. Total cost with parts and labor was $158. I haven't shot it yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Congratulations. They do good work.

Let's us know how it shoots for you but I'm pretty sure you will like it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ten shots at 7, 15 and 25 yards from my flimsy plastic Caldwell pistol rest. Not great but not terrible either. It's a work in progress. Friday I'll be shooting from my friend's solid very solid rest and offhand at those ranges also. Right now it looks like it's a little low and a little left though.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
That's why you're shooting low. The PPQ uses sight picture 3. At least you've got some room to go down with your front sight height.

Send your pictures to Dawson along with the sight images above and tell em' you're targets reflect you using sight picture 2.

I'm thinkin' a .180 might be what you need. No need to send you pistol back to Dawson, as the front sight is easy to change, only needing a 3/16 nut driver/sight tool.

Or, go back to the range and use sight picture 3......to see where .195 prints.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more comfortable using sight picture 2 so I might have to go with the lower front sight. There is quite a bit of space between the front blade and and the rear sight notch. I know it lets more light in for faster target acquisition but if they offer a thicker front blade I might give that a try as well. I'll shoot if off my friend's rock solid rest Friday and take some more pictures to send to Dawson for their thoughts. The .180 front might be just the ticket though. I appreciate the advice.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is why I thought my rear sight was fixed. Dawson calls it a fixed sight on their website.

Dawson Precision Walther PPQ M2 Fixed Charger Fiber Optic Rear Sights

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Dawson offers front sights ranging from .125 to .685 tall and .100 to .140 wide. For target shooting you probably need a front sight a little wider than the one you're currently using.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is .100 wide. I think they have a .115 and the .125 illustrated above. Either one of those might be a good choice for the way I want to use my PPQ M2. Casual target shooting mainly. I doubt I'll ever carry it. My wife saw the pictures I posted and said "why aren't you hitting the middle of the target"? I told her I'm working on it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts