Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. Besides moving the magazine release and going from traditional to polygonal rifling, there weren't any substantial changes during the product life of the PPQ.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
I think the real question is do you have a preference for standard rifling or polygonal rifling. The change over started with serial number FCA 0001. So, rather than check date codes, you'd be better off checking the serial number. Or just look at the ejection port, or look down the barrel.

They're ALL fine pistols....choose one over the other only if you have a preference or need.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Serial number

I think the real question is do you have a preference for standard rifling or polygonal rifling. The change over started with serial number FCA 0001. So, rather than check date codes, you'd be better off checking the serial number. Or just look at the ejection port, or look down the barrel.

They're ALL fine pistols....choose one over the other only if you have a preference or need.

Gun shop who is shipping gave SN FCS 9649

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
So, you're getting the most current production model.....with polygonal rifling, recontroured ejection port and a few other changes/upgrades.

I've got some older models as well as some later models....M1's and M2's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, thanks...guess that's good - now if delivered tomorrow

So, you're getting the most current production model.....with polygonal rifling, recontroured ejection port and a few other changes/upgrades.

I've got some older models as well as some later models....M1's and M2's.

appreciate the info...thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.