Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone posted or published a definitive description of the manufacturing dates for the PPK/S series? Is it easily understood like on the P99 or more enigmatic?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you P88. I think my problem is that I was looking at the serial number for some kind of code. The date code is on the part of the frame that holds the barrel and shows in the ejection port - right? My code looks like a squished together IA, thus 1980.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
No.

·
Super Moderator
7,155 Posts
Okay, I'm mystified. I have three PP series here on my bench; Interarms, French and German. None have any date code that I can see. Help me out here.
Best,
Moon

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (halfmoonclip @ July 14 2003,10:33)]Okay, I'm mystified.  I have three PP series here on my bench; Interarms, French and German.  None have any date code that I can see.  Help me out here.
Best,
Moon
There is no date code on the Interarms product. It is not required in the U.S. As far as my research has lead me, there is no date code for Manurhin-built Walthers stamped Manurhin and shipped out of France for export.

Your German Walther PP will have a date code on the barrel hood. If it is pre-77 it will be the last two digits of the year the barrel was built. (Not neccessarily the date the frame and slide was manufacturered) If it is post- or transitional-'77 there is a two letter datecode on the barrel hood. If you see do not see either of these marks you have a forgery which is highly unlikely.

If you find a two letter datecode, see the above post by P88 to decipher it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts