Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took a chance based on reading on this forum and purchased a "surplus" Walther P1 from Dan's. I was hoping for a nice condition shooter. I guess I will have to keep looking because Dan sent a pristine, minty, unfired, gorgeous pistol! I could not have done better if I was waiting at the end of the assembly line myself. If anyone is sitting on the fence about Dan's, jump off and order. He is a real gentleman to deal with since I gave him a lot of questions on the phone. His packing is first rate as well.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Well, I took a chance based on reading on this forum and purchased a "surplus" Walther P1 from Dan's. I was hoping for a nice condition shooter. I guess I will have to keep looking because Dan sent a pristine, minty, unfired, gorgeous pistol! I could not have done better if I was waiting at the end of the assembly line myself. If anyone is sitting on the fence about Dan's, jump off and order. He is a real gentleman to deal with since I gave him a lot of questions on the phone. His packing is first rate as well.
+1, Bruce: This made me laugh. I had absolutely the same experience when I dealt with Dan this summer. I was hoping to pick up a nice shooter and got instead a beauty -- it still had factory stuffing in the barrel -- that was far too nice to run some rounds through. I called him back and asked if he could send along another P1, this time a true shooter: a second-tier gun that I could take to the range without worry -- one that had been updated, one that wouldn't matter if it got knocked about a bit. I ordered it without the holster and cleaning kit and secured yet another beauty for $250, shipped. It still looked new, though it didn't have the barrel-stuffing, and it has been a wonderfully fun and reliable range shooter since.

Dan is a great guy who happens to have as fine a selection of P1s as you are going to find any more. At some point, these things will run out for good. If you've ever thought about owning one, now's the time, gentlemen.

Here's a link -- take a look for yourself:

http://www.dansammo.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts