Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently acquired a nice PP 32 with the intent of using it to carry and shoot. It appeared to be a typical police trade-in with CIA import marks.

When I began stripping it down, for an initial cleaning, I was surprised to find that the slide was not machined for a loaded chamber indicator. I should never go into a gun shop without my glasses! I knew this was different from any other PP I had owned so the search began to identify it.

I bought Mr. Marschall's book and quickly found the reference to the Danish Police model with the replaced/modified slide. This gun is not marked Rplt. The serial number is etched inside the slide to match the frame. The slide is marked with typical Ulm/Do , Made in West Germany markings. As the pictures show it is in very good condition.

The book mentions 1,500 modified slides. It also mentions some with modified firing pins and some with the chamber indicator deleted. I would appreciate any input anyone might have as to how many of these might be around? I looked for help over on the P38.com website but no luck.

Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dieter Marschall at the p38 forum is your best source for that question. I am surprised you didn't get any help over there, perhaps Herr Marschall is on vacation. You have a good source in buying his book. All I know is that the Danish didn't want the indicator to make the slide stronger by not needing to drill the extra chamber for it. Yours looks to be in great condition and is definately more rare than the average police trade in. I would try to repost at the P38 forum in a week again and see if you can get some answers or send him a personal message on that forum.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It's also possible that Dieter didn't see your initial post. You may want to consider a PM sent his way. He's generally pretty good at getting back to folks and is more than generous in sharing his considerable expertise.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
That looks like a great pistol anyone would be proud to own. I don't think that the indicator is any great loss. The .22's don't have it and I don't miss it when using them!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have one of those as well. I think I got it from either AIM or CDNN. It's been so long I can't remember. At any rate, your description fits my Danish PP as well and was authenticated by Dieter some time ago.

I have no idea of the value of these as they are not listed in any guide book.

Mine has the original box with the police tag on the inside of the lid, test target, manual, and steel cleaning rod. About 98% with little wear on the grip strap or muzzle. Bore is like new.

A very rare find for $225.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Our pistols are only four numbers apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the input. My main concern is that I don't want to be shooting an unusually rare piece. I don't consider myself to be a Walther collector. I "collect" other things. I am a shooter and have a great appreciation for fine Walther pistols.
Scott

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That's a hard question to answer. If you had a mint NSKD PPK with party leader grips, you defineatly do not shoot it, or another rare WWII piece of history. IMO a Danish PP is not as common, but not too rare to shoot. There are still alot of parts out there if something like the grips or safety break, they can be replaced. Plus that is a real sturdy gun that only shoots .32, so there isn't alot of pressure on it. Hope that helps your concerns

1 - 9 of 9 Posts