Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a P88 for awhile now, but the high price tag made it hard for me to justify it. So last night I get an email from CDNN about a pistol clearance they're having, and lo and behold they have a P88 in vgc for $549 and a P88c in vgc for $499. I almost dropped my computer. At that price you could have both for less than the price of one! I got up first thing and called them. The P88 was sold but they had the P88c. Ok, I'll take it. But they need the ffl paperwork from the store it'll be transfered to before they can sell it. So I call and they fax it over, takes maybe 5 minutes. I call CDNN back, and it's gone. Sold to someone else in the 5 minutes it took to do the fax. Damn.
Sorry, I just needed to vent to someone!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Wow.... I am sorry.. that sucks ....
I am sure happy I got a P88c today....

OOOpps ok that was not right.... I am joking... I wish though..would make a good edition to my collection

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wow, that's too bad. I wonder why they wouldn't at least hold it for you?

Well, hopefully you'll find another deal somewhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
CDNN's salespeople are on commission, so it's very possible that someone else was talking to another salesperson whilst you called and had sold them the P88. Also, if you use an FFL to "ship to" that they already have paper on, then it's a "done deal" right there on the phone. I live in Texas and use CTD as my "ship to FFL". CTD is already reistered with and does business with CDNN, thus my gun purchases from CDNN have all been concluded on the 1st phone call! For future purchases, it is wise to have your FFL dealer send in his paper so that he's listed with CDNN and you can conclude your future business with CDNN with one call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! My FFL faxed their info over, so next time they'll have it already. Now if they'll just have that sale again.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts