Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
So true, I've bought ten "all metal" guns this year, would have been 11 if Ol'Fart wasn't bidding the '98 production (late) P5 with single line "Carl Walther USA, LLC.." Import mark a few days ago on GB. I'm so ashamed......a good priced P5 got away!

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts
So true, I've bought ten "all metal" guns this year, would have been 11 if Ol'Fart wasn't bidding the '98 production (late) P5 with single line "Carl Walther USA, LLC.." Import mark a few days ago on GB. I'm so ashamed......a good priced P5 got away!
Yeah, but its going to a good home. :D Thanks to your kindness. That was actually a fun little bidding war at the end....we'd gone back and forth, with me trumping each bid....then I'd reached my limit...put in my last bid/increase and took the dogs for a walk. Came back, checked the PC and 'Wah hoooo'.....winner winner chicken dinner.

Mailed off a check to save 3% credit card fees...should arrive Saturday. They'll wait for the check to clear before shipping the pistol. I'm OK with that. Looking forward to getting my hands on this P5.

Question is, which one will I send to Robar for coating.....and NP3 or NP3 Plus...or............ :D

Some guys on this forum have some absolutely beautiful P5/P5C's coated/plated......I'm jealous.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You're almost exactly 3 years late for this one............which also got away for a “good” price.

https://www.hermann-historica.de/de/l/129304/kurzwaffen_moderne_systeme/walther_p_5_luxusausfuehrung_graviert_vergoldet?accid=956&aid=128&lstatus=0&currentpos=178

Balor

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dam to all hell....why did I do this...

Fondled a CZ Shadow 2. F me.
...........then go back to the shop and ask them if they can arrange for you to fondle the new optics-ready version (Shadow 2 OR) - or even better, if they'll let you shoot it!

If you're convinced you want one, it might be better to hold off a bit. Since you've indicated several times that your main focus of interest is on Bulls-Eye shooting, you might want to wait until they (inevitably) introduce the OR version of the TS Orange.

While they're at it, they might see fit to bevel the bottom edges of the mag-well, which is what some users have publicly called for, or done themselves. Hopefully they will offer buyers the option of colours other than orange - but then they'd have to re-name it, wouldn't they? Maybe they could find a nice concise name such as “The-Pistol-Formerly-Known-As-The-CZ-75-Tactical-Sport-Orange”.

Balor

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heard a few rumors of an OR....it makes logical sense. Haven’t seen any prices though I would hazard to guess it won’t be cheap.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CZ Custom has a Bullseye model listed too. They also have a bull shadow. The have so many models

1 - 15 of 15 Posts