Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
New to forum, included some pics of my Dad's P38 he brought back after WW2.. Dad was a forward observer with the Canadian 2nd artillery division, picked it up in the winter or spring of 1944-45 couldn't remember exactly..Dad's 95 now! He just went into a 'retirement home' and I have been given all his guns including his 38 S&W service revolver, another beautiful gun!
Wanted to confirm but I was doing some research on this forum and have discovered the P38 was made at the Mauser plant in April of 1943..Was wondering as well as to the value of the P38, the serial numbers all match and the barrel is in excellent condition, any help would be appreciated!
Thanks from Canada!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like you did your research properly, later war weapon. Don't store it in a holster. Does the mag look like the proper one? As far as value, it really comes down to the buyer willingness, this model (as a byf) was pretty common and the wear may be in question, but the details always add a little value when one need a particular one for a collection. Check GB for completed listings to get an idea. As an heirloom it will always have more value to me than anything else.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
XXXXq should be made in Feb. or March 1944

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beautiful gun.... but what's up with the finish? It looks like bared metal and not blued metal.

As for your father's S&W 38 revolver, is it a Victory model?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts