Walther Forums banner

DA/SA with hammer in the Walther line up?

8K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  SgtV 
#1 ·
I am looking for a DA/SA with hammer in the Walther line up for nightstand, glovebox and occasional carry. Maybe something 10-15 rounds in capacity. 9mm, easily concealed (relatively speaking). Walther has so many handgun "lines" I am not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
As mentioned nothing like that from current Walther models. You might want to look at the German made HK P30 or P30SK. I have the P30SK and love it. Flush fit magazine is 10 rounds but it also has 13 and 15 round magazines available. Mine is the HK LEM model and it does have a hammer but it is flush fitting hammer. DA/SA model has regular hammer and option for with or without safety.

Mine with the 13 round magazine.

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30sk/ -- HK P30SK info at HK website

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p30/ -- HK P30

#6 ·
Marc,
I'd look at the H&K P2000 or the HK USP compact or full size. I have both plus some Sig's, P220, P229,& P226, but I prefer the German made HK's for a hammer gun. The DA/SA USP's with a safety you can carry on safety, off safety, or cocked and locked. I've carried a USP compact in a custom cross draw holster for almost 30 years and it's never failed me once. Try and find another pistol you can say that about, a little over 4000 rounds.

Jim D

#15 ·
If you can do with fewer rounds, but with a thinner profile (i.e. "single stack") take a look at the Springfield XD-E. It can be carried in any configuration you might want; manual thumb safety on or off, or "decocked." It's also the only "hammer fired" pistol in the XD lineup.

The trigger isn't bad either...

#16 · (Edited)
While there is a relationship between Walther and S&W that was not foretold in past years, the Model 59 series might be worth a look.
Ours from 1981 runs fine and with a light polish on the ramp/barrel the hollow point youngsters smiled!
Would be nice to have one in 10mm but I bought my son a 44Mag lever gun instead to go with the 629.
He carries a G19 when local hiking in the Colorado Rockies but a concealable 10mm-50 cal would be nice...... with a decocker/safety.

A decocker/safety on a handgun is my first choice whenever children are around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.