Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two friends from out of town that rave about this firearm....tell me how good it feels,,,,the great manufacturing....the great trigger...simple, clean, dependable.

They call it the "Glock Killer".....

My usual weapons are a Walther Q5 Match and a Walther PPQ SC....so you know where I am coming from. I also own a Walther PPQ.45, PPS M-2 and a Sig P320 RX Compact....Along with my Dad's venerable 1911 he carried in WW II that is still scarred, beautiful and shoots just fine...a Colt manufactured in 1943. (He never would tell me how he got it out of the Army....LOL)

Anyway. My range/shop just got a P10 C in and on a whim I decided to have them open the case and let me just get a "feel" for the piece.

Oh My!!.....am I that spoiled on Walther Ergonomics...Walther Manufacturing?

1. It felt like a brick in my hand....The ergonomics were simplistic to the point of spartan....felt fat and rough.

2. Trying as HARD as I could....I could not release the slide with my thumb. The "salesman" said this was a "safety feature". I literally had to rack it.

3. Trying as HARD as I could....I could not get the magazine release button to pop the mag. I literally had to change the position of the piece in my hand and push directly down extremely hard on the button. Salesman simply said "new gun...it's tight."

4. I KNOW I am a "trigger snob" and I KNOW PPQ triggers have spoiled the crap out of me but the P10 C trigger was a MESS. Total gritty pull first 1/4 of play then uneven resistance the rest of the way. TERRIBLE!

5. Actual manufacturing looked rough....nothing special...even worse than what Sigs have become over the years.

How could my friends rave about this gun? Do they have a reputation for very quickly loosening up and breaking in? Totally dependable? Throw them in the mud and come out firing....something like that? Have you folks ever tried one? Your impressions?

I was totally, TOTALLY unimpressed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Correct .... all CZ`s take at least 500 to 1000 rounds to really break in . I`ve got two PPQ , M2`s and now have a little over 1500 rounds through my CZ PO1 . The SA is pretty much on a par with my 1911`s and the DA pull is about 7 lbs and smooth as a baby`s butt . I shoot the PPQ a little better than the P01 , but for me , the P01 is a little easier to conceal.

The P10 should be on a par with the PPQ ...... after break in . My Q`s were good from the start and only got better . That`s the thing with all CZ`s ..... very tight until after they are broken in . I got to play with Mike Pannone`s P07 at a class ..... 60,000 rounds with no failures and it was well broken in , but that first DA pull was a challenge for me .
I`ve had one failure to fire on my P01 and that was a weak mag spring . Zero failures/malfunctions on my PPQ`s and I have close to 4,000 rounds through the two plus almost that much on dry fires .

My whole reason for getting a P01 , DA/SA was to become much better at trigger control , grip and sight picture . My warped logic said if I could " master " the DA pull , then it would make me even better on my PPQ`s.
That`s my story and I`m sticking to it !

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have two friends from out of town that rave about this firearm....tell me how good it feels,,,,the great manufacturing....the great trigger...simple, clean, dependable.

They call it the "Glock Killer".....

My usual weapons are a Walther Q5 Match and a Walther PPQ SC....so you know where I am coming from. I also own a Walther PPQ.45, PPS M-2 and a Sig P320 RX Compact....Along with my Dad's venerable 1911 he carried in WW II that is still scarred, beautiful and shoots just fine...a Colt manufactured in 1943. (He never would tell me how he got it out of the Army....LOL)

Anyway. My range/shop just got a P10 C in and on a whim I decided to have them open the case and let me just get a "feel" for the piece.

Oh My!!.....am I that spoiled on Walther Ergonomics...Walther Manufacturing?

1. It felt like a brick in my hand....The ergonomics were simplistic to the point of spartan....felt fat and rough.

2. Trying as HARD as I could....I could not release the slide with my thumb. The "salesman" said this was a "safety feature". I literally had to rack it.

3. Trying as HARD as I could....I could not get the magazine release button to pop the mag. I literally had to change the position of the piece in my hand and push directly down extremely hard on the button. Salesman simply said "new gun...it's tight."

4. I KNOW I am a "trigger snob" and I KNOW PPQ triggers have spoiled the crap out of me but the P10 C trigger was a MESS. Total gritty pull first 1/4 of play then uneven resistance the rest of the way. TERRIBLE!

5. Actual manufacturing looked rough....nothing special...even worse than what Sigs have become over the years.

How could my friends rave about this gun? Do they have a reputation for very quickly loosening up and breaking in? Totally dependable? Throw them in the mud and come out firing....something like that? Have you folks ever tried one? Your impressions?

I was totally, TOTALLY unimpressed.

I have a CZ P10C and with the HSB trigger, it is still not as crisp as the PPQ but it is about 3.5lb trigger pull. At 21ft it can outshoot my PPQ all day long. It's only when you get out to 50ft where the PPQ shines. My only complaint about the CZ is the rear striker assembly rotates. I changed the striker to Cajuns and it solved the problem but still not a fan of that flimsly design

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct .... all CZ`s take at least 500 to 1000 rounds to really break in .

........That`s the thing with all CZ`s ..... very tight until after they are broken in .

OK....Thanks! Glad that you cleared that up because the thing was a mess! In fairness to the salesman (whom I thought an idiot TBH) he did keep repeating to me that the gun was brand new and would be tight.

But I certainly did not expect it to be THAT tight....I mean the pressure I had to put on the Mag release button was...a LOT....lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts