Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Cylindar & Slide is shipping me back my PPK/S tomorrow, so I should have it Thursday since it has to go Next Day Air. I'm pretty excited. The whole thing cost $537 + $45 for me to ship it there in the first place. That doubles the cost of the gun right there! It had better be worth it. I have no doubt they have done a great job, but i'll post some pics when I do get it back. Until then...

-Chris

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got mine back frm them last week. The total bill from them was about $565. Mine is in SS

I had done to it the following:

PP001 Throat bbl.
PP002 Radius & tension extractor
PP003 Plish & deburr all internals
PP005 Trigger job (mine came back with a single action pull of 4lbs.-1.6oz.)
PP006 Radius external edges and corners (not exactly a meld job but definitley has a nice feel)
PP019 Recrown bbl. to 11deg.
PP020 Novak rear sight and C&S front dovetail sight (I ordered mine with 3-white dots.

Was it worth a total of seven months worth of wait? You betcha!!

The only thing they didn't do (and I thought they would) was to put their moniker on either side of the slide.

Go here for a few pics:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb....45AA62}

Ralph Gutegunst was the man that worked on it. Here's an article about a similar package they did for a gun writer:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/combathandgun.shtml

I'm still trying to lay my hands on a back issue of that magazine but the distributor in NY won't take or return any of my calls. gggrrrrrr........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it FEDEX today. (I wasn't home the first time they attempted to deliver it.) I had the following done ...

Trigger Job - $124 (lighter smoother DA pull although I have yet to shoot it)
Carry Bevel - $63.50
Stipple Front and back Strap - $120
Polish and Radius Trigger - $46.25

I forget who worked on my gun, but it's probably in this paperwork somewhere that I haven't gone through completely.

I'm pleased with the work they did to the gun. Of course after this, I can't ever sell the thing, but I don't think I'll ever want to... It has become an heirloom ;)

-Chris

·
Registered
713 Posts
HURRY UP and try it out . We want to know everthing,I want to know about the trigger pull. Mine has a very light DA as some body worked on mine before I got it. Ive shot both so I know it makes a difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My (single action) trigger pull came in at 4lb. 1.6oz. and double action was at 11lb.

cordodor-

Although it may feel like it works fine now, pay close attention to trigger return when it goes back into double action position. The reason are those Hogue grips that we both chose for the gun. 1.) clean off all the "flashing" from Hogue's CNC machining when they inletted them. 2.) pay close attention to the left panel it likes to rotate forward contacting the magazine release button. 3.) if the trigger won't return all the way forward by itself then it's probably the rear pointed edge of the sear on the right side contacting an inletted portion of the grip. Just get use a Dremel at low speeds and lengthen the cut out on the grip towards the rear of the gun if it were installed. It'll never be seen from the outside of the gun when it's put together. Like I said, it may feel good now but the trigger could start hanging up while shooting it because it's shifting on the frame. This is, of course, if C&S didn't put the grips on. They would have inletted and glass-bedded them where needed.

It took me a while to figure out what was hanging it up but I think I've got it now.

Also, that polished area on the sides of the slide scratches EASILY!!

As a piece of trivia take off the right grip panel and see that the serial number is actually stamped into the gun 3 times in three different sizes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, I've been busy. Still haven't taken it out to the range... I'll keep an eye out for that mishap with the grips. I'm not expecting any trouble though, because it worked fine with the grips before I sent in the gun to C&S and after they did the work, they test fired it. If I find something wrong though, that'll be the first thing I'll check. Thanks Tom.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I had a similar hangup with the trigger on the return when I made my set of grips.  Had to inlet them a bit more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow guys this is some sweet **** what exactly are you doing? And how much does all this cost total from the gun to the modding? I WANT ONE TOO!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I picked up a used PPK/S in SS for about $450. All the work from Cylinder & Slide ran about $600 with overnight shipping both ways (the only way they'll do it). Just hope you're not in a hurry to get it all done, mine took 5 months just to get the O.K. from C&S to send it to them so they can work on it. Then I got it back about 6 weeks later. I asked that Ralph Gutekunst work on it since I read an article about a Glock he did in American Handgunner Tactical Annual (2004). After that when I sent e-mails to C&S, he was the one that replied to them personally.

I got these job codes done to it:

PP001 Throat bbl. and frame.
PP002 Radius and tension extractor.
PP003 Polish and deburr all internals.
PP005 Trigger job (mine came in at 4 lbs. 1 oz.).
PP006 Radius external corners and edges.
PP019 Recrown bbl. to 11 deg.
PP020 Novak fixed rear sight & C&S front dovetail sight (I had them put three white dots in mine).
Test fire and zero sights at 15 yards.

You can go here and price out the options you want:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/pricing/walther_tun.shtml

And here is an excellent article about it:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/combathandgun.shtml

I even went so far as to order the back issue of the magazine.

BTW- You'll have to ask them to put the C&S logo on the slide if you want it. I thought they did it by default but mine didn't have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts