Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new S&W distributed Walther PPK/S. I have seen several companies that make aftermarket wood grips for it. I was wondering if anyone had made their own or known someone who has? What material did you use and did you alter the actual grip design (ie. thumb groove, etc.)? Any advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I am loooking at grips for mine as well. I had considered making a set, and I think I could do a nice job of it, but I like the checkered surface (like the Hogue grips) and don't think I could do that very well at all.

I talked to the people at Hogue last week, and they told me that they are running about 10-12 weeks to delivery from order. That and the grips run nearly $80. I still might order them, but I want to look around a bit more first.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I know that there is a concern about the Pachmeyr wrap around grips not fitting the newer S&W PPK/S. The people at Hogue told me to mention which version of the PPK/S I had if I were to order their wood grips too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dunno.
The stock grips are alright by me!!
The gun spends almost all of it's time either in a pocket or covered up by a t-shirt, so wood grips are generally superfluous.

·
Registered
713 Posts
denfoote: Your PPK will love you even more with new grips . and while your at it get 3 or 4 new holsters.You can never do to much for a PPK. Mine wanted a play mate so got a Bersa .The better you treat her, the better it will be if you should ever need it.No misfires or jams , no temper just calm and loving.They also like to be kept under tin foil, That way  {they}  can t beam messages to them. Nothing worse than a out of control PPK. Got to go my sock ringing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts