Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read before that crimson trace discontinued laser grips for guns that were out of production.... Colt D frame revolvers, Walther PP/PPK.... well now both guns are back in production I emailed Crimson Trace about laser grips for the Walther PP but have not gotten a reply. I would love a set of these for my PP .32 but I guess CT figures that the Walther PP/PPK guns will once again be discontinued... anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I read before that crimson trace discontinued laser grips for guns that were out of production.... Colt D frame revolvers, Walther PP/PPK.... well now both guns are back in production I emailed Crimson Trace about laser grips for the Walther PP but have not gotten a reply. I would love a set of these for my PP .32 but I guess CT figures that the Walther PP/PPK guns will once again be discontinued... anyone have any ideas?
Have you had a laser sight before? I only ask because before I had one I really wanted one. Then I got one and it is right next to useless. Other than "Things going bump in the dead of night in the pitch black" bedside pistol, it's virtually pointless. At least in my opinion.

And if you do find one, get the green one because red is absolutely useless in daylight.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
If you go with a laser grip, you might consider green rather than red. iMO, green will show up better on a wider range of background colors (e.g., red disappears on a black range target, in my experience).

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Bought a CT Laser grip set for a 1911 back in the late 80's. I've never replaced the battery or had to re-zero. They still work fine. I don't use the pistol for self defense but if I did...it would get a new battery just because. 1917

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CT will send you new batteries for free every year you own a CT laser.
finding a $2 cr 2032 or whatever battery isn't the problem. its finding a CT laser grip for a gun that they use to make them for, stopped because the gun went out of production, but now is back in production...

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Understood, and how many did they sell for PPKs to begin with. Not many I expect. I don't remember all of the thread. Did you check with CT regarding the availability of any old stock? E-Bay probably next good place to look. Probably going to be a hard hunt I expect. 1917

Edit: Re read the OP. Who knows....did they sell enough the first time? Are the molds still sitting on the shelf? Here are some for a Smith on e-bay. 1917

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crimson-Trace-LG-480-Laser-sight-for-Walther-PPK-S-S-W-Version/143478980200?hash=item2168037e68:g:LZUAAOSwQLZd~mK3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts