Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see CSI tonight and the hit with the Walthers  PPK/S  Did a close up of slide so could read everything ,Then turned over  and showed Interarms. That was all right but went down hill. BG was shot 3 times 2 chest 1 in head > Statement was 2in chest 1 in head sign of a pro.  

Then they figured out a silencer was used. I have  never seen a silencer that screws into the barrell.Like screw in choke of a shot gun. Sort of  shrinks the 380 bore a bit. But hey bullet never noticed it was squeezed down to a smaller bullet .  

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a problem with that too, except my knowledge of silencers is limited, so I thought it best to be silent. I suppose that a custom barrel could be wider in diameter at the muzzle, and then have internal threads to "fit flush" with the silencer. It would be tricky to engineer in one's basement, given how loud .380 cartridges are. It would've been easier for that guy to just have stolen one, given how much effort he went through to get a car.

...and please no one jump all over us for calling it a "silencer" and not a suppressor- it was the same term they used on the show.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bummer, I usually watch CSI and missed it. Ah well, no doubt it'll be on again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts