Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Any chance at all could be some powder residue ?

Already tried good cleaner / lube and maybe blowing out with some compressed air ? (I use those cans you can buy in computer section of walmart, they usually come with a long tube so good for getting down into the small areas.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions... I've already cleaned the daylights out of it with a Slip Degreaser and used some Slip 2000 lubricant. I have an air compressor with an air nozzle that I've been using to remove any loose debris and remove excess lubricant/cleaner...

Is your trigger smooth as glass, even on takeup? Do it really slow (unloaded, of course) and see if you feel any crunchiness..

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just unloaded and checked, the take up in mine is very smooth, feel the increase in pressure right before action starts to engage but even that is smooth. It is the absolute best trigger pull of any striker type semi auto pistol I have ever had.

However, I do have a vague recollection that the first couple of times to the range with the PPS felt a very slight little bit of what you describe, and had that a few times with my P99 until started blowing out the recesses real good when I cleaned, then seemed to go away compeletely even when putting a lot of rounds through it and not cleaning right after range trip and not always blowing out, so started thinking it might have been just a breaking in issue.

Even though my PPS is a relatly new First Editon, have put quite a few rounds through it, I tend to go through the break in periods quickly. Since it went away with both the P99 and now the PPS, my guess is that new parts may shave a little bit and cause a little more debris in addition to the powder residue, just a guess though, really not certain.

Smiths and Rugers I have had, while not striker fired like the PPS, over the years had them becoming incredibly more smooth with more use, more use, smoother the actions would get, so just used to seeing that on firearms, parts wear in a bit, any left over machining lube from manufacturing gets blwon out / cleaned away, parts start mating a little better, and like that, don't know for sure, just guessing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was just reading a bit about that lubricant you mentioned.

Just on a long shot, try a few drops of conventional gun oil, Hoppes, Remington, etc, right into the action / trigger area from top and bottom. let me know what you think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the "shoot more" recommendations... :D :D :D

I did use a micro-drop of different oil on the trigger and safety hinges, it's better. What I'm finding with dry firing is the pad of my trigger finger has to be on the bottom of the safety lever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.