Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Creed being discontinued? I see them at around 270+FFL, which is quite the steep discount. Is the Creed getting an upgrade and current line being discontinued by chance?

Anyway.. only made one handgun purchase this year. Thinking it is time for another one. Was saving my pennies for a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Depends on what you've got already. The Creed is the entry level FS pistol. If you have a Q or 99 already why get a Creed unless you need a cheap truck gun or a gift for a new shooter?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what you've got already. The Creed is the entry level FS pistol. If you have a Q or 99 already why get a Creed unless you need a cheap truck gun or a gift for a new shooter?
Don't have either. Only Walther in the safe is a CCP. Would not mind a knock around gun for some range and HD work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't know if it's being discontinued or upgraded, but I believe (don't quote me) that the PPX was discontinued and I think this gun is quite similar to it. That is a fantastic deal though! If it fits your budget perfect and you don't want to spend any more than that, then I'd say go for it. Reviews are pretty good and there's good info here on it. If you're willing to spend a bit more, well..maybe a lot more in some cases, I highly recommend looking for a used or even a new P99AS or a PPQ if you want a full size upgrade to your CCP. A more premium pistol imo, but depends on what your preferences are and how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yes, it is based on the discontinued PPX.

Yes, CDNN has them at a terrific price.

Yes, CDNN is a good company to deal with (2 weapons purchases from them myself).

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Get the Creed. Then when you can get a PPS, P99, and a PPQ.

On a side note I found a used PX4 Compact for $350 in Sept. Shoots great! Sometimes it's good to look at used or "On Consignment" guns at the FLGS.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I doubt that the Creed is being discontinued. There is a glut of firearms these days and stiff competition among manufacturers making for one heck of a buyers market.

Reactions: Jimbo80

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know if it's being discontinued or not. I just bought mine for $259 at G4G Guns. I shot it for the first time today. It is absolutely the best striker fired trigger I have ever shot. Easy to take down and clean. The only thing I don't like is the slide release lever. Overall one of the best values I have ever purchased.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the Creed. Then when you can get a PPS, P99, and a PPQ.

On a side note I found a used PX4 Compact for $350 in Sept. Shoots great! Sometimes it's good to look at used or "On Consignment" guns at the FLGS.
Ended up with a PX4 Compact. Found one on sale online for just around 400.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You made a good choice. Even though the Creed is a good value you would have always thought of it as the gun you settled for. My PX4 has been flawless.
Thanks. I love my PX4 full size. Hoping the compact is as fun to shoot. I am looking to add the subcompact down the road...

A full size range gun like the Creed or the Ruger security 9 may happen before long. Would really like something with a 5" barrel....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
found a used PX4 Compact for $350 in Sept. Shoots great! Sometimes it's good to look at used or "On Consignment" guns at the FLGS.
I've gotten some of my best deals on consignment guns. BTW if your used PX4 didn't come with the box and papers I've got one for a full size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy it. I got one a couple of weeks ago from CDNN. They had mags at half price so I got 2 extra. They shipped it 2nd day for $14.75. Out the door at my FFL with the gun and 4 mags for $330. Shot it for the first time tonight. For $300 that is one hell of a nice shooter!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if it's being discontinued or not. I just bought mine for $259 at G4G Guns. I shot it for the first time today. It is absolutely the best striker fired trigger I have ever shot. Easy to take down and clean. The only thing I don't like is the slide release lever. Overall one of the best values I have ever purchased.

I believe the Creed is hammer fired, not striker fired.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts