Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya beat me to the draw. I was just going to post that.

Wish I needed one (well, "needed" probably isn't the right word)....but with a 99AS, 99cAS, Q and PPS I think I'm over my poly-Walther quota.

Besides, I've really come to prefer the 99c for EDC so the PPS might be surplus.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Gunbuyer's deal is still better at $279 with free shipping. CDNN charges $14.99 for shipping unless they are running a special. Either way, they are both good deals. I just don't need one myself.

Reactions: MustProtect

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm waiting for $259 at GunBuyer.com

That might be next year though.

I can always look for a used CREED at an even lower price.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
S&W has nothing to do with Walter.

I'm guessing the "new" Walther that will debut on the 16th. will be yet another bottom of the range replacement for the PPX/Creed, so Walther is blowing existing stock out.

Walther is doing the same thing that Packard tried to do in the 30s...

Compete in the bottom end of the market, where it can only ruin it's name, what's left of it...

They should leave the bottom to the bottom feeders.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm hoping they will still make the CREED.

I have 3 9mms in mind for my next purchase.

Creed

Smith M&P 2.0 full-size.

CZ P10-C

Although the P10-C will be one of those guns I might wait a year until they
are into circulation before I buy one.

Either gun would get a Streamlight tactical light and be for the range or Home Defense.

I'll eventually get all 3, but it will take some time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
S&W has nothing to do with Walter.
You completely missed the implication. It was in response to a comment that the prices asked start plummeting when a maker is going to ditch a product:

That is usually a sign of discontinuance.

M
Smith and Wesson have been lowering their prices on many of their models to ridiculously low levels lately, thus my tongue-in-cheek comparison.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Walther is doing the same thing that Packard tried to do in the 30s...

Compete in the bottom end of the market, where it can only ruin it's name, what's left of it.
This is predominantly the result of the purchase by Umarex. They are/have destroyed Walthers great name. Carl & Fritz Walther are probably turning over in their graves knowing their names are on some of the products out today.

R

·
Registered
514 Posts
I hear a lot of trashing of Walther getting into the "low end" market with the PPX and Creed, but:

- No one has posted about a loose feed ramp yet on my thread.
- Almost EVERY report I read is good. If there was much trouble with them, it WOULD end up on this forum, I would think. It is where people go with trouble.
- I've read plenty of posts form folks whose Creed shot as good or better than their Q.

If it pans out, Walther has done something pretty amazing. While the jury is still out, it looks good for now, and WAY cheap. I am VERY tempted to buy one as a car gun. Could be the Best Buy on the parent market!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Smith did the Shields so they could bring out their (any day now) 2.0 Shields.

They had rebates on other S&W products as well, but the Shields and SV series
were the lowest prices.

Walther is pretty proud of the entry-level CREED. I expect to see it in their 2018 catalog.

Reactions: MustProtect

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Creed apparently has a "LE" version (three mags instead of two). Don't know if this a Walter offering or the distributor just threw in an extra mag and called it "LE".

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bud's has the LE version for $310 shipped (versus the regular version for $289 shipped). That's a difference of $21. So I guess if you can find Creed mags for less than $21 it makes sense just to buy the regular version.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have one of the LE versions on layaway with Bud's. When shipping is included, you come out a few bucks ahead with the LE third mag (not that we're talking a lot of money anyway, though).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts