Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question to Creed owners, is the barrel pitting issue that occurred on the PPQ models happening on the Creed model? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think many have had them but a couple weeks.. Was it a fast thing, this pitting? I've only had mine 2 weeks or so, one trip to the range. Then cleaned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in my case they (Q5,PPQ .45) were pitted from the factory, now I am not saying that firing the pistol will not cause the pitting to show up but I am not sure on that. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Creed that I looked at had a rifled barrel, does any one know if these barrels have the same process as the nitrided treated poly barrels?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think it would be too interesting. It's probably cheaper to keep the same tooling from the PPX and use it on the Creed barrels. Remember cost is a big factor for the Creed. Keeping traditional rifling probably helps keep the cost down.

SpaceGunner

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Oddly I can't find any information on the barrel of the Creed on the Walther site. Does anyone know if its traditional or polygonal?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Catalog doesn't mention barrel types for any of the guns.
They have announced polygonal barrels in the past. This shouldn't be hard to find, it is - but it should be a basic part of the specs IMHO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Creed Barrel

New here and first post. I purchased a Creed a few weeks ago. I haven't had it out to shoot yet because of the three W's (Work, Wife, & Weather). Today I was able to break it down and wipe it down with some CLP and take a look at the insides. The barrel on this gun looks like a standard rifled barrel to me as was expected. I hope I can take it out soon to run some rounds through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts