Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is old, but searching for terms like "slide finish" on the forum brings up like every topic...

Anyhow, I was talking to a friend in Germany, and he pointed out some fun stuff on the German Walther page which I don't remember being there before. After a bit of poking, we tracked down the English version of the stuff on the Umarex site. But, yea, it seems they make a replica paintball version of the P99 with blue (like, blue blue, not blued) and OD slides.

Granted, the finish probably wouldn't hold up well on a real gun, and blue might not be a good idea since it's like the universal training color, but that OD slide on the real thing would be kind of cool. Assuming they're even metal, I imagine it's just some sort of anodized aluminum plating. Either way though, a paintball P99 might still be good for practice or, err, tactical decorating.

·
Registered
471 Posts
With the modern finishes available, you can have your entire gun finished any way you like it. There are pink ones for ladies, white ones to blend in with a suit shirt, even rainbow colors...
My favorite is still black. I learned a long time ago that when the sun is shinning on your barrel that a lighter color tends to reflect (shin) on the barrel, making the sights just a "tad" harder to "pick up" . So, I'll stay "traditional"...
Each to his own. As long as you have a good gun for a base and you like it, what difference does it make?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Yes, one can do pretty much anything. WOnder how an OD frame would look with the same colored slide

I found this pic on the Sig forum earlier this year - some guy's wife wanted this done. CCR did it, iff I remember correctly...

·
Registered
525 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ Sep. 24 2006,3:08)]Yes, one can do pretty much anything. WOnder how an OD frame would look with the same colored slide

I found this pic on the Sig forum earlier this year - some guy's wife wanted this done. CCR did it, iff I remember correctly...

Wow oh wow. They always say hawaiian shirts are good for concealed carry. I guess thats the ultimate in camoflage for those shirts. You could probably wear it owb with a tucked shirt!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I'm too ckicken to do it, but I kinda would love to have my HK USPc fraem duracoated to either a desert tan or some shade of light OD green - then NP3 my slide. But, I still have yet to see a duracoated polymer frame in person. I wanna feel the texture and the scratch resistance before I'd do it. Plus, while I occassionally see colors of refinished guns that look kewl in pics, sometimes the color in the photo can be a little different to what it looks like in real life. I'd have to see some specimens up close before I could make myself do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. I did not realize you could do all that. Don't really have much interest in anythign besides black and chrome, so never really looked for many finish options.

I take it that gun right there is the reason Michael Bloomberg banned paint in NYC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts