Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so title pretty much says it all, well, almost. Basically what I'm trying to figure out at the moment is if PPQ M2 mags will work in a CZ 75, or vice-versa. I found a couple instances online to make me think it might be possible:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum...zine-compatibility.html#/topics/110116?page=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comme...source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title

If you're curious, what I'm actually looking to do is use a Matador Arms magazine adapter to make an AR9 that will take PPQ M2 mags. (Maybe this quarantine thing has me stir crazy) I've attached a couple pictures of the product. The adapter fits in a mil-spec AR-15 lower, then you put a 9mm upper on and then you have a 9mm AR. The nice thing about Matador Arms is that they offer more adapters besides just Glock, including M&P, P320, and the CZ 75. I sent them an email earlier today asking if they had any plans for a PPQ version, but haven't heard back just yet. If it came down to it, the adapters are simple enough I think I could modify the magazine catch to work with the PPQ mags.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nope.
I just tried a PPQ/P99 mag in several CZ75s. The Walther mag is too fat and will not even enter the CZ magwell.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.
I just tried a PPQ/P99 mag in several CZ75s. The Walther mag is too fat and will not even enter the CZ magwell.
Ah I see, thank you so much for checking that out, I appreciate it. Back to the drawing board I guess.

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
You might be in luck......Okay, in no particular order.

CZ 75 with stock mag.

PPQ with Sig P226 20 round mag. As a side note, I just pulled this one out of the holster on my hip to take these pictures. :D

CZ75 with that same Sig P226 mag.

CZ75 with Walther 17 round mag. Note: the its not long enough by about 1/4 inch.

PPQ with CZ75 mag....yep the CZ mag is longer than the Walther and would probably work if a new latch hole was drilled and filed to fit. AND a spacer was fabricated to eliminate 'over insertion'.

Sig P226 20 round mag on the left, with custom 'redneck fabricated' spacer. The spacer required additional chamfering around the top edges to fit or work with the magwell flare.

The CZ mag is in the middle, next to the PPQ mag. You can see the CZ 75 mag is longer.

The pair, together.

PPQ frame with Sig P226 20 round mag inserted (without spacer).

PPQ with Beretta 30 round mag....runs like a singer sewing machine. :D

So, the CZ mag will fit into the Walther magwell, just need to make a new latch hole in the correct location to get it to latch in. The placement of this hole is 'Critical' to ensure correct latch in height....an rch or two too low or high and you'll run into problems.

You could also pick up some Beretta 92FS 30 round mags, drill/file a new latch hole and you'd be in business.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You might be in luck......Okay, in no particular order.

CZ 75 with stock mag.

PPQ with Sig P226 20 round mag. As a side note, I just pulled this one out of the holster on my hip to take these pictures. :D

CZ75 with that same Sig P226 mag.

CZ75 with Walther 17 round mag. Note: the its not long enough by about 1/4 inch.

PPQ with CZ75 mag....yep the CZ mag is longer than the Walther and would probably work if a new latch hole was drilled and filed to fit. AND a spacer was fabricated to eliminate 'over insertion'.

Sig P226 20 round mag on the left, with custom 'redneck fabricated' spacer. The spacer required additional chamfering around the top edges to fit or work with the magwell flare.

The CZ mag is in the middle, next to the PPQ mag. You can see the CZ 75 mag is longer.

The pair, together.

PPQ frame with Sig P226 20 round mag inserted (without spacer).

PPQ with Beretta 30 round mag....runs like a singer sewing machine. :D

So, the CZ mag will fit into the Walther magwell, just need to make a new latch hole in the correct location to get it to latch in. The placement of this hole is 'Critical' to ensure correct latch in height....an rch or two too low or high and you'll run into problems.

You could also pick up some Beretta 92FS 30 round mags, drill/file a new latch hole and you be in business.
Weird. Like I wrote, I tried a Walther P99/PPQ mag in two CZ75s and they will not even go into the pistol. Too fat.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old fart, thank you for your effort and the detailed pictures, I appreciate it. Both of you have settled it for me, the magazine is either too wide to fit, or the latch will be in the wrong position. So I think I will pass on the CZ 75 adapter.

I did hear back from Matador Arms this morning, they have a couple additional adapters in the works, but unfortunately the PPQ is not one of them. For now I may order a Sig P320 adapter and a couple magazines. Once I get the adapter I will check it out and consider fabricating a different magazine catch to make the PPQ mags work. If not, I'll just use the P320 mags. Old fart, I know you have had success with modifying latch holes on magazines, but I was hoping to modify the adapter instead. If I could get that one thing right all my PPQ mags would work without modification. 🙂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts