Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, was cleaning my PPQ last evening and noticed a chunk missing on the left side of polymer rail where the slide sits. I am disssppointed bc the gun was purchased last May and at most 250 rounds through it. I called Walther and the rep Paul was not very pleasant and was insinuating that it most of been from user abuse before he even understood the problem. If I am buying a reputable firearm with a "lifetime warranty" described in the manual the company should take care of the customer if the product is only 2 months old. I worked with H&K and DD customer service and they went above and beyond. Paul stated "Its probably from user error and most likely you will have to pay for repair which I dont agree with bc I take care of my firearms bc they are expensive. Each time they are shot they are cleaned and oiled. In this case the polymer frame is cracking and it was never dropped or modified. If they try to charge me the gun will be traded in for a H&K or a CZ.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Call back and speak to a different rep. Explain the situation and ask what steps should be taken.

If you don't like or don't understand the answers ask to speak to a supervisor...

Walther CS has usually been pretty good recently it may have been a misunderstanding. I'm sure they will handle it.

While you are at it why not take some good detailed pictures and post them here so we can see the type of failure you had.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Hello everyone, was cleaning my PPQ last evening and noticed a chunk missing on the left side of polymer rail where the slide sits.

What is "the polymer rail where the slide sits"? Are you talking about the lugs that slide rides on when cycling? Because those are steel.

In this case the polymer frame is cracking and it was never dropped or modified.

The frame is cracking as well?

Pictures would be nice.

Agreed. I'd like to see pictures as well.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
(noticed a chunk missing on the left side of polymer rail where the slide sits.) I can't really glean much from that statement. Do you have mice?

Yep, we need pictures.....Good pictures.....in focus, like the ones 1911 includes in his post. Fuzzy doesn't count. Well, er, sometimes it does...it depends on what you're counting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.