Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To the best of my knowledge it is genuine manhurin produced from 1956-57. The gun shop owner tells me he test fired the pistol and I have been dealing with him for years with good results. 32 acp is a low power round would this affect the frame greatly?

·
Registered
68 Posts
To the best of my knowledge it is genuine manhurin produced from 1956-57. The gun shop owner tells me he test fired the pistol and I have been dealing with him for years with good results. 32 acp is a low power round would this affect the frame greatly?

The issue was related to the spelling. It's Manurhin not Manhurin.

I've had no problems with mine which was made back in 1954 and served as a PD pistol before I got it maybe a quarter century ago.

·
Registered
592 Posts
guess anything is possible, but i've never heard of a cracked pp series frame. can u provide a picture.

I never buy used PP series pistols that have owner polished feed ramps. I once saw a "ramp polishing" that actually took metal from the frame.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to post a photo in the forum? New to forum

Switch to the advanced mode. Look for the paper clip icon. Click on that and you get a popup that lets you browse for attachments.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have personally held a cracked PP frame from the pre-war Era that I intended to do a refurb on until the damage was discovered by another forum poster. In that case, it appeared that the original barrel had been replaced at some point and shot some more. It was unknown just how many rounds the frame sustained or what pressure ammunition was used, but that is the only time that I have seen a cracked PP frame. I haven't seen any reports on cracked Manurhin frames.

·
Registered
863 Posts
The only frame I have ever seen with a crack was from one of those "AC" stamped (without any other stampings) end of WWII- last ditch produced- GI brought backs- frame numbers not matching slide numbers- just pieced together PP's 7.65mm.
Heat treating was either not done or correctly, and that thinned out area on the right side for the trigger bar/cocking piece to ride in, was paper thin (machined too much) and peeled away like tin foil on just a cleaning with a nylon brush. From that open area, there was a visible crack going upward past the slide rails to the top of the frame.
The only one I have ever seen.
I'll see if I still have a picture stored somewhere.
Last I heard, the internal parts have been sold off and it's now a nice paper weight on a friends friend office desk to play with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts