Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had my CP-99 for about 2-2.5 years now. When it was new it functioned flawlesslt with standard flat-point pellets. Now it seems to be misbehaving, like an out-of-time revolver. I squeeze the trigger, and the gun just sputters. When I check the clip the pellet is usually still halfway in it, and kind of bent and shaved, as though trying to fire when not aligned properly with the barrel. Anybody else experience this? Suggestions for solving?

Note: It is kept well cleaned and oiled, so it is not a grit problem (that I can find).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably the "decompression unit" sorry, not sure of the word in english.

It's the big all metal piece sealed everywhere. On one end the powerlet goes in, on the other, the gaz goes out to propulse the pellet.

If you have consistent wrong pressure exiting the powerlet, it must be this piece who don't regulate correctly anomore the pressure. I never opened one because they work fine on mine and looked like if I touch it I may scrap them. You can try to look into it but you'll probably need a new one.

Reading your post again, maybe it's the timing. It's a bit hard to check though as the pistol is closed when the clip align itself with the barrel. Maybe with a cleaning rod and checking depth (deeper if aligned correctly) being careful not to push too hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts