Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a nice used Interarms PPK/S. I had it to the range today and had a couple of function questions.

I shot a couple hundred rounds spilt between
America Eagle 95GR. FMJ
Winchester White Box also 95GR. FMJ
and 20 Speer GoldDot 90GR hollow points
used a finger grip mag that came with the gun and a new blued Walter flat bottom mag.

I had
1.) a couple of times the safety set itself after recoil
2.) gun go to double action (decock) after recoil
3.) a couple of trigger pulls drop the hammer only to decock (with no bang)

couldn't make any of the above happened --didn't notice and difference between mags.

the self-setting-safety seemed to occur well into the shooting session.

I paid special attention to grip the gun more firmly on the last 6 or 7 mags and had no problems. I was shooting rapid fire, but quick 2 -3 round groups. Accuracy was very good off handed 7 yards.

Was I limp wristing the grip? Might this cause the problems?
Sound like worn springs or parts? If so, where can I get new springs/parts.

Plan is to use this as a summer carry gun ---I sell pools so I wear cargo shorts ---with a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster this gun rides nicely and is a lot less bulk than my subcompact 9MM Glock.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
definitely have a good gun smith take a look at it. The safety should not engage by itself during firing. Since it was purchased used, the possibility exists that the former owner made modifications or in correctly installed parts. IMHO, you should not carry it until it has a good going over by a gun smith.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found an old thread here which pointed to the extractor spring and detent --seem these hold pressure against the safety.

I gave it a big time clean -- and will try again.

If that doesn't fix it ---I have the tools and knowledge to get in and replace these parts --I've been smithing (amateur as it is) 1911's and AR's for some time.

It only happened a couple of times --- but I'd never carry anything I'm not 100% sure will work 100%of the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all new to this board. Just bought a new in the box Interarms PPK/s .380. Jammed with FMJ every 2nd or third round evey mag full. Slide failed to go completely shut and chamber round. Took some metal off top of the feed ramp and polished. Seems to be doing well know after about 250 rounds. Feeds FMJ and Gold dot hp. But I have to tell you it is frustrating. :mad:

One group tells you the S&Ws are bad and then another says the Interarms are. Confusing when you put out the cash and get a jammer.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Use common sense and if you have problems with any firearm, have a qualified gunsmith look at it. I have a 1971 PPK/s which I got in 81 and it has always been flawless with all ammo. I did have a smith smooth out the double action and it helped.

Regards, Photo

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Only thing I can add here is to make sure it is clean, I remember my Interarms PPK not going into battery after it got pretty cruddy. I had to take care to clean the extractor often, as it would really fowl up. I used a toothpick to get up there in the breech face and extractor hook. If cleaning is not the issue, have some one who knows PPK's look at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts