Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading old posts I've learned that it is possible to convert a PPK from .380 to .32 or the inverse.  Are the frames the same for both calibers or are there differences in width, shape of the feed ramp or any other frame dimensions?

Assuming the frames are not exactly the same would I be better buying a .32 or .380 for best reliablilty with both calibers?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The frames are the same deminsions. Just curious, what need does one have for converting a ppk to different calibers? "Just for fun" is an acceptable answer. Just wondering if there is another reason based on the difficulty of swithching calibers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a .380 because it would most likely be my carry gun when I get my license. I already own a Llama .32 and it jams every third shot or so, but I've found that it's a really fun caliber to shoot. I want to retire the Llama and not go through the hassle of registering a bunch of guns. It takes almost a full day to get a purchase permit, buy the gun, go back to turn in the permit and register the gun.

I had thought the feed ramp might be different if nothing else. Thanks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Just get a 380 and be done with it Its not a 2min change over I see no reason to even change caliber . The 380 is a far better round than 32 and is cheaper to shoot.  Figuer out why the Llama is jaming and fix. then you have your play pistol. I never seen a auto that can't be made relieable just takes some time and tinkering.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I agree with Michael.  I bet I can make that conversion in 35 minutes flat!  And scratch up my pistol in the process.  The barels are press fitted into the sleeves and the pin holding the barrel in are as tight as hell, until you remove them several times, then you have another problem.  I would go with the paper work and get both.

I agree that .32 cal is sweet to shoot and accurate, but more expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the responses. I think I'll just stick with the .380 since the conversion is difficult. As far as fixing the Llama goes I think I'll spend my hard earned money on something worthwhile. Never buy a Llama!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts