Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that u could convert a p99 from single to double action, is this posible, if is could it be done on the QA model, and also where could i find a nice slim laser for my p99

·
Registered
169 Posts
well the P99 as(anti stress) is an traditional double action pistol.so if youre looking for a TDA pistol thats the one for you.it can also be fired in single action trigger foward by racking the slide about 3/8'' of an inch.there are actually 3 trigger firing modes of the P99 AS.1)traditional double/single action.the first shot is DA,then all shots after the first are SA.2)SA trigger rearward.which is how the pistol is fired after the first DA shot,as explained above.3)SA trigger foward,this is done by by as i explained racking the slide approx.3/8'',it will set the striker.whenever the striker is set,depress the manual decocker and the pistol is in DA mode.there is also the P99 DAO which is doulbe action only,and the P99 QA,the QA is not a single action pistol.the striker is partially cocked i believe,resulting in a quicker first shot.thus quick action.dont fiddle with the P99 you have it is reliable,durable and dependable as is.and always remeber the 4 laws of safe gun handling.
as for the laser,personall its a waste of money IMHO.learn how to shoot the iron sights first,the get a tac-lite or laser.if your P99 doesnt have them yet buy NIGHT SIGHTS.i dont care what anyone says,you need them.most self defense shootings take place within 20 feet and low light or the dark.think about it,when do the scum of society prefer to do their cowardly deeds.checkout Trijicon they make excellent sights.go green on green,thats what they recommend.if you dont have one yet,BUY A 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN for home defense(rem 870,benelli nova...)as much as i like my handguns,in a life and death situation im my home im going for a real proven man stopper.....12g with 3'' 00 buck.ill even take my 12g over the great 45 acp.
hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
...as for the laser,personall its a waste of money IMHO.learn how to shoot the iron sights first,the get a tac-lite or laser.if your P99 doesnt have them yet buy NIGHT SIGHTS.i dont care what anyone says,you need them.most self defense shootings take place within 20 feet and low light or the dark.think about it,when do the scum of society prefer to do their cowardly deeds.checkout Trijicon they make excellent sights.go green on green,thats what they recommend.if you dont have one yet,BUY A 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN for home defense(rem 870,benelli nova...)as much as i like my handguns,in a life and death situation im my home im going for a real proven man stopper.....12g with 3'' 00 buck.ill even take my 12g over the great 45 acp.
hope this helps.
Now you've gone and done it: Unleashed the dogs of discord!

Well, FWIW, those are my sentiments almost exactly. I have nothing against the 870 (I have one of those, too) but I prefer the old Winchester M12, if no other reason than mine is as old as I am and I'm sentimental. Also it travels better: breaks in the middle and rides in duffle bag. You can carry it into a hotel room with you and nobody bats a eye.

I also happen to think that tritium sights are really the ONLY practical addition for a handgun. Hanging all kinds of electronic junk on the accessory rail of a handgun is, in my view, playtime for guys who were raised on video games. I guess I'm old fashioned; I always thought the whole idea of a handgun was SMALL. Once you make a handgun big and clumsy and no longer concealable, you might as well be carrying something sensible and useful like a shotgun or rifle.

What on earth is the point of seeking out the smallest, slimmest, most concealable handgun you can find, and then encumbering with some device on the front end that spoils the whole effect?

M

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i heard that u could convert a p99 from single to double action, is this posible, if is could it be done on the QA model, and also where could i find a nice slim laser for my p99
Where did you hear that? The H&K pistols are modular like that, but AFAIK you can't change the trigger type on a P99 without changing the stiker and slide and,.... you are better off buying a different p99.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I also happen to think that tritium sights are really the ONLY practical addition for a handgun.

What on earth is the point of seeking out the smallest, slimmest, most concealable handgun you can find, and then encumbering with some device on the front end that spoils the whole effect?

M
Well put, I am with you on that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
MGMIKE
check out the benelli super nova or nova pump.while the 870 is great i own the nova pump and its a great SG.and a modern shotgun with some interesting features you wont find on that old warhorse 870.
thats why im selling my glocks and coming back to the Walther fold.you just cant beat the innovation of the P99.no probs with the glocks,but Walther perfection cant be beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts