Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
If you want to sell a pistol of any stripe, take it to the forum's Trading Post, read the instructions, and list it there; we don't use this section to move items, regardless of whether we like them or don't. Let's get this thread back on target, please.

It's also worth noting that multiple posts in multiple threads providing the same opinion amounts, in some circles, at least, to the T-word ... and we don't do that here, either. Let's move it along. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Received this earlier this morning:

"Please email me your contact and firearm information and we can set up a repair case over email, or you can contact our service dept at (479) 242-8500 ext. 507 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm CST for information on sending the firearm in for evaluation."

Apparently the guy I talked to didn't pull my email out of the cue. I am going to go right now and shoot the Fiocchi and Win white box, update my ammo info numbers then start the process for sending it in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've had multiple of the following:

Stove pipes

Slide fail to lock after last round

Double feed

Failure to strike

Failure to feed

Failure to eject

Today I had two new ones, it completely locked up after using 60 or so rounds of the manufacturers suggested ammo (Winchester white box and Fiocchi). It also locked the slide back with rounds in the magazine after the first round.

I just called the manufacturer. I have a FedEx label in my email. It is in the mail today.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
I believe we call that.....everything possible including the kitchen sink! 1911 may have to award you the trophy for most issues in a single pistol. At least the roll pins are intact and nothing important has fallen off! I won't put a smiley here because that just is not funny.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

Today ...it completely locked up after using 60 or so rounds of the manufacturers suggested ammo (Winchester white box and Fiocchi). ...
Camshaft: It would satisfy the vicarious morbidity of many here if we knew what "completely locked up" means.

What was the position of the slide when this event occurred? Was a live round in the chamber? How was the stoppage cleared -- if it was cleared? Can the slide now be manually retracted? Can the striker now be cocked, and released by pulling the trigger?

The little details fascinate us.

M

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The failure was initially a double feed with the Fiocchi, then it wouldn't return to battery. So, I returned it to battery which I noticed wasn't fluid. I then tried to rack it and the slide wouldn't move. The range I go to has a gunsmith and I took it to him. He messed around with it and got the slide to release. I put it back together and the slide was fine. At that point I didn't want to chance it anymore so I called Walther.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you want to sell a pistol of any stripe, take it to the forum's Trading Post, read the instructions, and list it there; we don't use this section to move items, regardless of whether we like them or don't. Let's get this thread back on target, please.

It's also worth noting that multiple posts in multiple threads providing the same opinion amounts, in some circles, at least, to the T-word ... and we don't do that here, either. Let's move it along. Thanks in advance.

Not sure where that is coming from ... but ... my price was only mentioned as a result of a sarcastic response to a post I made. You have to admit, the CCP is a gun worthy of poking fun about no matter what the thread or multiple threads it is in. If I truly was going to sell the CCP, it would not be on this site no matter what section of the board you wish us to use. I have a perfectly good gunbroker account where I do sell new and used weapons. That would be the only place I would seriously consider selling anything. In my opinion, it is the proper venue for serious buyers and sellers. I view the walther site as a fun exchange. If you find my post on the money offensive to your sensibilities, please feel free to delete it. Truly it is much to do about nothing:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The failure was initially a double feed with the Fiocchi, then it wouldn't return to battery. ...
I had a very similar failure yesterday when I let my friend try my CCP. There was live round in the chamber and the slide was locked about halfway back after I believe his first shot. Pulled the mag and tried to rack it but, it was just stuck. I set it down for a second and when I picked it up and tried to rack it again it returned to battery. instead of packing it in, as I probably should have, I decided to load it up again and put about 30 more rounds through it without issue.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
For some reason I'm getting the feeling this has something to do with the drop safety binding. Actually I'm having a little difficulty understanding that scenario. So the pistol is fired, the spent case ejected, a live round chambered but the slide is stuck half way rearward. How did the second round get chambered? M1911

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, I was shooting another friends PPQ when it happened to mine. Assuming it was a double feed like Camshaft's, but not certain. The guy that was firing my CCP was a novice and was completely caught off guard by the failure. LOL

I did have a stove-pipe just, my second in about 100 rounds just before that issue.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'm also having trouble visualizing this stoppage. Somebody needs to patiently explain to me what a "double feed" is, because I've never experienced one in a semi-automatic pistol.

Say that a chambered cartridge is fired, and for some reason the case is not extracted or ejected. If the slide continues rearward and on its return stroke tries to pick up another cartridge from the magazine, the way will be blocked by the empty. The resulting jam is not a double feeding but simply a failure to feed once, preceded by a failure to extract or a failure to eject.

If the chambered cartridge is fired and for some reason the case is not extracted but stays wholly or partly in the chamber, and the slide does not recoil fully to the rear but gets stuck halfway open, that is not a failure to feed at all. It is a failure to extract.

Of course, if the chambered cartridge fails to fully chamber, or if chambered fails to fire, the slide is not thereafter going to move by itself. The stoppage has already occurred. Only if the shooter then manually retracts the slide far enough to pick up another cartridge, AND the first cartridge is still there, will a second cartridge be involved in the stoppage. That complexity is brought about by the action of the shooter, not by some mysterious propensity of the gun to "double feed".

As any doctor knows, a cure depends on an accurate diagnosis, which in turn depends on a clear description of the symptoms.

M

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
MGMike I'll explain in a bit. On a separate note I just received this from Walther:

To our valued Walther customer:
Please know that we have received the package you sent to our facility and it will be processed in a timely manner. The average repair time is currently running between 5 and 7 business days. If we need any further information or if there are charges involved that were not discussed when you first made contact with us then one of our Techs will follow up as required. Otherwise, either the necessary repairs will be made or product replaced based on the stated warranty and the gunsmith's evaluation.

Thanks!
Walther Service Team

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
...I just received this from Walther:

To our valued Walther customer:
Please know that we have received the package you sent to our facility and it will be processed in a timely manner. The average repair time is currently running between 5 and 7 business days. ...
Walther Service Team
Whatever happened so quickly to all this ballyhoo about a 48-hour turnaround???

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/walther-general-discussions/40515-new-walther-guarantee-service.html

With promises like this, they should be running for Congress...

M

21 - 40 of 65 Posts