Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at picking up one of these as a pocket/carry gun as i don't want to carry my G20 or 1911. I was all set to pull the trigger....but now seeing two main issues... am considering maybe a ppq sc.

Walked into some of the discussions of the barrel peening issue... and some people talking about bad triggers / bad triggers leading to accuracy problems.

reading this forum... i'm trying to tell.. is the barrel peening problem still there on new guns coming out?

are the triggers on new vintage guns better/worse than the m2 of the past few years? can most of the trigger issues be resolved with heavy polishing/lubing?

finally, anyone got a reason to not get the laser model? i've dicked with some lasers on guns in the past... and they weren't my cup of tea for what i was doig... but this thing i believe will be only used as a short range sd gun... so thought with an ok deal. the laser would be ok to try (i know factory comes with red and people prefer the green...but that i'm ok with)

tx.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own two PPS M2 pistols, each equipped with a green Crimson Trace laser (LG-482G). I teach concealed carry classes and allow my students to use these, among other pistols, when they do not have their own pistols. I also use one of them as my every day carry.

I find that the triggers are just fine. As a self defense pistol I do not expect to shoot it past 15 yards and in most cases under 7 yards. Further, with the laser, employment is fast and easy allowing you to keep both eyes on the target and surrounding events.

The weight is close to ideal for CC because it is not so heavy that it is difficult to carry, nor is it so light that the felt recoil is uncomfortable to shoot. My only beef with this pistol is how exposed the magazine release is. This issue has been discussed here:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/65138-pps-m2-mag-release-button-issue.html

I posted in that thread how I corrected this for me. I do not suggest you do the same, I just share this as my solution for the problem I had.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts