Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very nice “Gen 1” gun that I will probably list here in the classifieds, I haven’t been in this Forum for quite a while, my gun has been in the safe for many years. I am developing arthritis and I want to get rid of it.

Are these early guns in much demand, and if I were to trade it in at a local shop, what would be a reasonable trade-in amount toward purchase of a new pistol? What is a ballpark asking price here for a pristine gun with very low round count and all original papers and box?

Are most sellers using money orders for payment, or is there a better method that is secure?

Thanks for any helpful comments. I really like this pistol, but I just can’t manipulate it any more.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a very nice “Gen 1” gun that I will probably list here in the classifieds, I haven’t been in this Forum for quite a while, my gun has been in the safe for many years. I am developing arthritis and I want to get rid of it.

Are these early guns in much demand, and if I were to trade it in at a local shop, what would be a reasonable trade-in amount toward purchase of a new pistol? What is a ballpark asking price here for a pristine gun with very low round count and all original papers and box?

Are most sellers using money orders for payment, or is there a better method that is secure?

Thanks for any helpful comments. I really like this pistol, but I just can’t manipulate it any more.

John Davies

Spokane WA
How much?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Four recent sales on the big auction site sold for $249.99 - $380. The market is soft now, so I'd try to sell it face to face to avoid commission fees and taxes. I like a USPS money order or cash if it's a F2F transaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I may try to sell locally first, and if no luck in a month I will list it here. I haven't yet decided on a price, maybe $350 OBO including a nearly new Minotaur hybrid IWB holster.

Of course a PM with a reasonable offer would never be rejected... ;) But I don't want to skirt any forum rules, so forget I mentioned it.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
My experience with the G1 PPS is that it was/is not as big a seller as the G2. My shop buys used PPSs for $125 with box and papers and sells them for $200-225. With new PPSs selling retail for under $300 these days you would be lucky to find someone to pay $250 for a used gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, woohoo, I listed it in my local gun trader forum for $280 and it sold in 90 minutes. I have sold quite a few guns over the decades, but that is a first. Unless the buyer backs out, I am sorry to say it won’t get posted here - thanks again for the helpful comments.

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
24 Posts
$280 is great, especially considering there are new M2’s selling for around that price. I had a 9mm M1 and my research indicated I’d be lucky to get 250. So I was just going to keep it because it felt a shame to sell such a nice gun for so little. But earlier this week, a guy offered an even trade for a lightly used sig 9mm P320(currently selling used for $400+). I took the deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts