Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Walther recently made the decision to only import the QA (glock) trigger models. There are still quite a few of the DA SA triggers out there though. You can get the DA SA trigger for the compact at CDNN if thats the size you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Patrick:)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I still would like to know if it really is Walther that stopt to export the AS (DA/SA) or if S&W decided that it was getting too confusing and to much competition with their own line of guns

Rugerwheels... check online.. google it .. there is still a few out there.... CDNNinvestments as the P99c/AS for $430 NIB.... also... if all fails Earl still has the all German AS for sale though you are paying $799 for the fullsize one
Earl's

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Yea, I want one, but not bad enough to pay Earl's price...

Guess I gotta be satisfied w/ my SW99 and my compact Walther A/S. I really do love my SW99, I just wanted the full size P99 because they look so cool. I chased some leads today via telephone and websites, but came up empty. I'm not going the gun broker route - heard too many horror stories about gunbroker and gunsamerica.

MAYBE one day I'll luck out at a gunshow, buT I doubt it

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ummm
you know I still think of that P99DAO Earl has... $450.... not a AS but damn sweet deal for a good looken gun with nightsights and 15 round mags

·
Registered
83 Posts
ALL 9mm P99's are 'all german'. the 'smith and wesson' markings on the slide are importers marks, required by silly federal law. IIRC, only a few runs of .40 had frames made by smith, but the barrels and slides were still german.

earl may be selling pistols without importer marks (or his own import marks) for a premium, but there are no differences in the pistol or its origins other than cosmetic 'marks'.

frye

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I know all Walthers are "all German" however there are minor things like sights (metal or plastic..3 dot or the german variant with the outline @ rearsight) ... or that you hardly can get a stock P99 with two 15 round mags from a dealer..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've seen a few here in CO if you guys are interested...

Specialty Sports 719-391-2556...they have the 04 all black AS for $549 (they might drop the price to match Jensen)...and they have both 9mm and .40 last time I checked

Jensen Arms 970-663-5994...they have the 03 OD green AS for $479 (they have 2 in 9mm)

Just thought I throw it out there for the guys who don't mind not seeing the gun before purchasing it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Rugerwheels,

I picked up an 2005 black AS new a few months back, all german made from the local Sportsman's warehouse. They are sold out of them now where I live.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well as stated in another post
I looked at a Walther P99 date code "AF"(2005) with the new mag release
also numerous sources say DA/SA is not gone from the american market.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was lucky enough to find an all German DA/SA model on Glock Talk for sale. I traded my G32 even for it. As I told another guy. Keep an eye on the popular gun forums, in the classifieds, and act fast. Took me several trys to find one that didn't already say SOLD!! .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts