Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through the thread on holsters and it was really helpful but didn't answer a couple of detailed questions I have.

I need to conceal my PPK in standard "business casual" clothes. My original plan was to use a pocket holster but I'm starting to think the PPK might be too big to pull that off in most work pants.

The next thought I had was to use an ankle holster, but I wear boots every day. I'm sure they would completely hide the pistol but at the expense of making it damned hard to get to, I bet.

Next on the list, and least desirable to me personally, would be an IWB holster (the Bianchi 100 seems to get high marks). This seems to be hard to get to and difficult to conceal under a starched dress shirt.

Anyone have other ideas, or care to comment on the carry methods mentioned?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wore mine on a Mika's pocket holster. Carried it IWB CD. Now I do that with a Sig P230 9x18U(P). Unnoticeable in suit and tie.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
for concealed carry with the walther PPK, I use a Galco USA iwb holster. It is very discrete and conceals well. Check them out at www.usgalco.com for further info on the holster. Be advised though, that you can save $ by ordering from www.impactguns.com or www.asotactical.com (they extend free shipping).
+1, I think it is model 100, it extends high enough to cover the safety and tang to shield against your side, very comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. The "J-hook" on Galco's USA looks like the easiest thing to hide in an environment where guns aren't allowed (I'll bet it disappears next to a Blackberry or phone belt-clip). I'll probably try it out first.

The other method that looks like an option is a Kel-tec and a pocket holster. I don't know anything about Kel-tecs, but damn that's a small pistol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
+1, I think it is model 100, it extends high enough to cover the safety and tang to shield against your side, very comfortable.
I use a galco on the occassions when my ankle holster isn't appropriate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The other method that looks like an option is a Kel-tec and a pocket holster. I don't know anything about Kel-tecs, but damn that's a small pistol.
Its funny that my first post on this forum is about a Kel-tec!

My wife and I both carry KelTec p3at's. Let me tell you its a GREAT gun. Each of ours has about 500 rounds through and has been VERY reliable with FMJ and Speer Gold Dots. Certainly, its not as accurate as a PPK over 7yrds but I'm actually amazed at how well it shoots at short range even in my Large hands.
However, its BEST feature IS concealment. We both have the optional clip that fits on the grip. I actually wear the P3at on RUNNING shorts ( even those short flimsy onion skin type) and NOBODY knows its there! With a suit? Paradise!

I also have a Pager Pal http://www.pagerpal.com/ for concealment of a 92 series Beretta that works very well since I use it with a cell phone holder. Nobody knows ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a stupid question I know:
Does "left" and "right" refer to the side one wears their holster? I am right handed so I assume I would want to have my holster on the left side?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Most holstermakers reffer to "left" and "right" as the shooting hand.....
anything that is getting holstered on the opposite side of your shooting hand is considered a cross-draw.....(if you are righthanded, the crossdraw still will be a "righthanded" holster as the cross draw already states it will be on the left hip... vise a versa)
you have to pay attention to what you get....
if you pick the wrong sided holster it is useless since the grip will be pointing in the wrong direction...

hope that helps

·
Registered
713 Posts
contact http://ubgholsters.com I have 2 of his . One for my 380 bersa and other for 1911. He will work with you and answer questions. About 3 to 4 weeks on turn around . I carry my PPK'\?S in a pocket holster most time. But in a work place I would think real hard about a 380 KelTec in a pocket holster. Light and all 3 of mine are relieable. Wife carries 1 at out store every day If PPK/S not in pocket the KT is.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you are right handed you want an RH holster.

A tuckable, anything from High Noon to Milt Sparks in price, is excellent deep concealment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts