Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I'm planning on using my P99 full-size as my carry gun once the paperwork gets through. What would you consider to be the most concealed way to carry it? I'm not too concerend about instant accessibility, I'll rely on my foresight to spot any dangerous situations. I am concerned about making sure no one who isn't supposed to sees the gun. I'm thinking small-of-the-back, but I'd like to hear what you all think and/or how you carry your pistols. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i carry my P99 9mm fullsize pistol at about the 3 o'clock position in a sidearmor IWB holster with a 15 degree cant. you can't see it at all, even wearing a tee shrit, which is most of the time here in Florida.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Galco BSOB 16 leather holster.  It is behind the back belt holster with the grip in an upward position.  A jacket easily covers it because the barrel is horizonal with the belt.

I also sometimes use a Don Hume JIT left slide worn behind the back or a JIT right slide on the strong side hip.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm considering a miniature Romulan cloaking device I found on E-Bay. I figure if it works on miniature Romulans it should work for a P99.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (j_ratliffe @ Mar. 20 2005,11:39)]i carry my P99 9mm fullsize pistol at about the 3 o'clock position in a sidearmor IWB holster with a 15 degree cant. you can't see it at all, even wearing a tee shrit, which is most of the time here in Florida.
Do you have the "shirt tucker" attachment that's listed on the Sidearmor site?

Also, how do you Sidearmor guys like the adjustable tension on the holster? Does it work well?

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
I apologize for my flip answer earlier.
I’ve actually considered this as well and have found two choices, aside from holsters, which I really like. Neither is “tactical” in any way and for me this lends to their appeal. One is a CamelBak FlashFlo Hydration Waistpack and the other is a Timbuk2 Metro Bag (Here are both ) they are each uniquely capable of concealing a firearm. Of course there are other choices available but these fit my needs. Among fanny packs not designed for concealed carry the FlashFlo is very unique. Removing the bladder provides a pocket well suited to concealing a firearm. The Metro bag allows me to carry a couple of books and, in a separate zippered compartment, a defensive weapon.
Again I apologize.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DTQ @ Mar. 21 2005,9:19)]I apologize for my flip answer earlier.
Flip answer? Do you mean to tell me that I've wasted the last two hours searching on eBay -- and you were just kidding about the cloaking device??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here's a picture of mine with the cloaking device on:

The only time you can see it, is when you shoot it. I left it on awhile back and couldnt find it till the batteries went dead.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You guys are in real trouble.

The BATF does not permit importation of Romulan technology. It took all of this time for them to allow the Klingon Bird of Prey photon torpedoes into the country.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DTQ @ Mar. 21 2005,9:19)]I apologize for my flip answer earlier.
Hey, no problem. I got plenty of info before my thread got hijacked and turned into a "Trekkies" gathering, hehe. Thanks for the help, ya'll!

- Paul

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
DTQ, I thought it was rather good actually...

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, off the topic (or is it back on topic
)... I would highly suggest never carrying a weapon (or anything for that matter) small-of-back, or over your spine. it's just asking for a serious injury if you fell or were pushed. it is also as far from your target as you can get (on your body), and you can't see who is behind you and what there going to do with your weapon. just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts