Walther Forums banner

Concealed [in the restroom] question...

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  vietec 
#1 ·
Now this may not look like a serious question, but I am curious to see how others handle this situation...

I carry a PPQ in a Theis IWB holster. I've seemed to run into a situation when I go to the "office" to do some business, especially in a public location with multiple stalls. Some locations I can find a place to set my PPQ while conducting business, but others may not have a shelf of somewhere safe to place the gun for the few minutes I'm "occupied". I don't feel comfortable leaving it in the holster while my pants aren't around my waist, and holding the gun while conducting business doesn't seem like a good idea (unless I'm in a seedy part of town).

So what's your preference when carrying and the need arises to go to the office?

#2 ·
No offense intended, but in the end, that is something each of us has to work out on his or her own. You've asked a question for which there is no easy answer ... otherwise, there would be no need to ask it!

#3 ·
Carry a little padded cheapo holster...keep it in your back pocket, or wherever, and when the "need" is apparent, simply stab that day's CC tool into it, and either stick it in the inside of the dominant side's ankle/shoe.

Definitely keep a body part between the gun and the opening at the bottom of the stalls. A neighbor could reach over and snag it if it's still in the IWB...as it would be closer and not "hidden" by an ankle as I mentioned above.

Of course, if the paper dispenser is flat on it's top, just lay it there, muzzle pointing to the wall.

Or, if you're scared, simply hang onto it...never know when a burglar might stop by in a truly crappy....location. :p

#4 ·
While deployed to East Europe, we had to conceal carry our M9's. What i would do is leave the weapon in my pulled down pants leg. I never like the idea of leaving it behind if i was to forget it some how. If you choose this method just watch that trigger.

Reactions: 23738
#6 ·
I don't have a clue what kind of work you do, or what kind of clothes you're changing into. But if there's no objection to your packin' while at work, and since you don't like the idea of leaving your pistol behind (I wouldn't like that either) I'd figure out a way to keep the pistol with me.

Since I wear sweat pants every day in the Winter, I had to figure out a way to carry my Q's. I wound up making a special retaining apparatus (it's called a belt) that I can use to hold the holster/gun on myself without the need for pants. I can go to the can, drop my laundry and the pistol stays right where it was....never moving. So, there I am, sittin' on the can, pants down around my ankles and my pistol strapped around my waist....I just have to grin.

Sounds like you might want give some thought to something like that.

#7 ·
Use real gunbelt
Leave in holster on belt
Choose stall cleverly
Don't drop pants completely to floor
Use "family" or "handicapped" restrooms shamelessly
Cover with underpants if needed

Don't be the idiot that leaves a gun behind, some cop does it about once a month already, and too many armed citizens do it yearly, too.

DON'T hang gun from hook by the trigger guard where you can forget it or cause a ND
DON'T leave it on the TP dispenser or tank top where you can forget it
DON'T handle the firearm for no good reason when you can't pay 100% attention to safe handling
(doing the potty dance in a cramped stall, or handling the gun with poopy hands is a recipe for disaster)
DO leave the boomstick in the holster, which is designed to cover the trigger and prevent a ND
DO do everything to prevent a dropped gun (heh, I said "do do" while talking about pooping)
DO realize that nobody is looking under stall walls for a gun, especially one shrouded by your underpants
DO realize that "someone might steal your gun while you poo" is extremely unlikely if you set things up intelligently

Don't be that guy who causes a ND or loses his heater

#8 ·
OMG! Who would have thought that the knowledge base accessed by the brains of this board's members would find them discussing things scatological. I'll bet, however, that I'm in the majority who have cavalierly drawn the weapon and placed it on the tank top. Fess up, people!

#10 ·
LOL! That's why I posed the question. I am a noob to concealed carry and at home I'll usually put my Q on the sink or counter. In a public restroom I don't have that luxury. I try to avoid these facilities if I can, but sometimes you just gotta go.

I do like the suggestion from bigfatdave on covering the holster and gun with underpants as this would surely deter anyone from reaching under the stall to try to cop a feel of my Q while I was preoccupied. Going commando like oldfart presents a whole other set of issues I'm not sure I want to tackle just yet!

#11 · (Edited)
Going commando like oldfart presents a whole other set of issues I'm not sure I want to tackle just yet!
Maybe issues for you, but for me, it's unequaled in it's simplicity and function. I dreamed it up, assembled all the pieces, took the belts to an upholstery shop and had them sew em' up. Nothing like it on the market and works like a champ.

I don't really run around the house neked, with my Q' strapped on......but I could if I wanted to.

Prior to making my neked carry belts, I'd have to drop my pants, along with my pistol down around my ankles when using a public restroom. That sucked. So, I fixed it......that's what I do.

#12 ·
Carefully take it out of your holster. Drop your drawers. Put the gun in your dropped drawers, pointing the muzzle away from you.

It is safely on the floor, between your legs. No one can get to it without being in the stall with you, and it is impossible to pull up your drawers without picking up your gun first. You can't leave it behind...

#14 ·
This is an aside to this topic. I often wear a 1-2lb battery pack for my camera flash when working. The battery looks onto my belt and my pants often start to droop. Same thing with some gun rigs. So I bought one of these and it hold the shirt tucked in and the pants stay up! Made of natural rubber. I've been using it over ten years now and still works like new.

I bought it on line at a military uniform supply company for about $15.
If you have had this problem with OSWB of ISWB carry bring your pants down, use this!

Photo

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an aside to this topic. I often wear a 1-2lb battery pack for my camera flash when working. ...
Am I missing something? Where is the photo?

#23 · (Edited)
The guy is hilarious and spot-on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.