Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a owner of a p99 AS full sized. I am in the process of getting my conceal permit. The only problem is I cant seem to find a conceal holster that works for me. I find IWH to be uncomfortable, and when I wear my crossdraw sholder harness you can tell I am carrying.
I am only 5'5" 135 lbs.
a standard hip holster and my overcoat do a better job except when I have to pul out my wallet or keys it is out in the open. any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
mike,

i use a knj itw hoslter for a glock 19. you can change the belt clip to either side and it only cost me like maybe a ten dollar bill at the local rip off shop, i mean gun shop. they come either thumb break style or just open slip in.

dan

·
Registered
335 Posts

FIST Kydex @ $34.95+shipping..

Ugliest holster in the mix, but functions perfectly.. I like mine so much I'll probably buy another for my snubby J-frame.

Very slim.. Well, very, very slim. Retains pistol perfectly, pistol can be withdrawn easily, and holster clip is well designed so that the holster remains firmly in place when you withdraw the firearm.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Although I have yet to try out many IWB holsters. I tend to have trouble sitting or my boney hips make it protrude even more then usual and uncomforable.
THat pager pal looks nice as does the FIST maybe Ill try to get one of those.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Although I have yet to try out many IWB holsters. I tend to have trouble sitting or my boney hips make it protrude even more then usual and uncomforable.
THat pager pal looks nice as does the FIST maybe Ill try to get one of those.

FWIW:

I had a pager pal for my NAA Guardian a couple of years ago and didn't find it practical... I don't think it would be any more practical for a larger pistol, probably less so, but YMMV. :D

Hey, just get yourself an old J-frame snubby, or old Cobra , put a set of Barami Hip-Grips on it, and there ya go.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm too poor to afford a new gun right now, hahaha. SO I just hope I can find one that will work for me.
I think a vertical shoulder holster might work better then my current horizantal cross harness one. what do you think?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Although a well made holster will make your life easier ........ for the art of concealment I have found that placement is the most important aspect.

I carry a full size 1911 ...... with just a t-shirt [camo of course-smile ] pulled over it. No one has been the wiser.

Here is the key: Place the holster towards your front side - right over your pants pocket. Avoid slidding the rig around to your hip as the gun will print through your clothing from the back. This will come from the grip of the gun.

With the gun tucked nicely to your front, the grip of the weapon will lay with your shirt of choice. The shirt must be long enough to cover your holster, but that goes without saying. You know you have found the perfect spot when you find it a bit uncomfortable to sit and drive in a car. Depending on the length of your gun's barrel -- when sitting , it may dig a little into your leg. You can get to you wallet all day long without exposing the holster. This method does eliminate the use of that front pants pocket - though. Drawing from this position can be extremely fast, because you are NOT reaching backwards or across your body.

JF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts