Walther Forums banner

Conceal Carry

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  sheepdog911 
#1 ·
I am interested in hearing others' thoughts on conceal carry. I am a small woman at 5'3" and 105 pounds. My primary concern is finding a comfortable way I can conceal my PPK during the summer, wearing a skirt and tank top. Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Hmm, I guess there's always the sexy thigh holster you see in the James Bond movies.

Or maybe one of those nice purses with the special pocket for your weapon. This is a hard one for me. I've never really thought about it, because I don't wear a skirt.
However, do you wear a belt with your skirt? You could possibly get a nice IWB holster and tuck your shirt in over it. The shirt would have to be worn loosly and not skin tight.

This is a good question. Let me think about it for a while. Have you got any ideas that you've tried before?

#3 ·
With pants or skirts that have any decent waistband I can use a SOB or IWB fine... I would never carry in a purse or bag. The thigh band is what I was thinking about, but I was nervous about how well it would actually stay put. I was hoping another woman who had used one could lend me her insight. Thinking summerwise though.... I'd like to be able to carry still if I was wearing a tank top, skirt and flip-flops. This is on top of a friend of mine calling me a "conceal-carry nightmare to begin with".

#4 ·
Uhh... matching fanny pack

Whacka whacka whacka...

Where do you live
Can you open carry ?? You've literally eliminated all places to hide a gun... no pockets... nothing covering ankles... no cover shirt or thick enough shirt to wear a undershirt with holster pocket... no purse ?!?!?!?

I think you can:
A) Do you have long hair ?? If so wear it up in a bun and hide it in there somewhere...
B) Become a Mennonite and wear heavy wool clothes and then you could conceal 3 or 4 PPKs...
C) A daytimer type holster to carry around ??

I saw you posted on Glock Talk.. hopefully you'll get some help there, you've defintiely got a tricky situation. I did a search there and couldn't find anyone with similar situations...

#5 ·
Solucy,
Sorry, no solutions here past those presented. But, perhaps you could keep us posted with the results of your search? I get simillar questions from female friends. My daughter (17 yrs) is your size and I don't think I could put a CW on her person and keep it hidden.

*I* would lean to the fanny pack. Or, you might try a belly band.

Good luck.

#11 ·
I know I am a little late on this one but I am fairly new to this forum.

Contact Vickey Farnum of DTI, John Farnum's wife. She is also a teacher and specializes in training females. She will be able to help out.

The issue to deal with is very few holster makers adapt their holster to the female body. So conventional holsters do not work well. Secondally, how close do you want your weapon to you. Do you desire it at arms length like a purse or on you in a comfortable holster?

DTI

I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.