Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Stock Sights

Votes: 3 11.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this thread is started elsewhere in the past. Thought I would offer a list of the aftermarket sights I have been able to locate. Please add any that I have forgotten or omitted.

10-8 Performance- front sight (tritium, brass bead), rear sight
Sights - 10-8 Performance Store

Trijicon- HD Night Sights, Bright & Tough Night Sights
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/iron_sights.php

Dawson Precision- front sight (tritium, fiber optic), rear sight (charger)
www.dawsonprecision.com Home Page

Meprolight- Tru-Dot Night Sight set
Meprolight, Walther

HiViz Fiber Optic (front sight only)
http://www.hivizsights.com/products/handgun-sights/walther/sw3004.html

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"Meprolight rear sight and an AmeriGlo front sight." I didn't know Ameriglo was making anything for the PPQ. Is there a workaround for Glock sight to get them to fit on a PPQ? I'm a big fan of the ProGlo square sight from Ameriglo. I'll definitely consider putting them on. Obviously its possible.

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts
"Meprolight rear sight and an AmeriGlo front sight." I didn't know Ameriglo was making anything for the PPQ. Is there a workaround for Glock sight to get them to fit on a PPQ? I'm a big fan of the ProGlo square sight from Ameriglo. I'll definitely consider putting them on. Obviously its possible.
Yep, there's a work around....I do believe I'm the original idea guy behind this. I run this setup on all my PPQ's, P99's, P99C's, and SW99's. And for all those pistols I developed a procedure for attachment that utilizes a little dab of JB Weld. NO, I'm not gluing the sight to the slide, I'm simply modifying the base of the sight to match the slot in the slide. These modified sights are 100% removable and do not leave any signs of the mod on the slide (that is, if done correctly). But, I was surprised yesterday evening when I began the procedure on my M2 5" and realized that I just might be able to install the front sight without using any JB Weld. So now, I've got to take that puppy to the range and run a few boxes thru it. Oh, and this combo also changes the sight picture from sight image 3 to sight image 2...meaning the POI is at the top center of the front sight, not behind the dot on the front sight....and THAT's what I was after.

Here's a few

And a few more

And a modified Glock ( GL-212-OR-Q )

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for compiling this list, sorting through years worth of old threads was getting to be a PITA.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am not sure if I want green all the way around or just in the back. I have to do more checking on that. My xd 40 is green on green.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh, and this combo also changes the sight picture from sight image 3 to sight image 2...meaning the POI is at the top center of the front sight, not behind the dot on the front sight....and THAT's what I was after.[/FONT

Did you already test it out at the range or is that what you assume with the height changes? It's been pouring out here for the last week, haven't had a chance to go to the range yet (it's outdoors).

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts
No, I haven't been to the range yet....just picked it yesterday aout 3:00 P.M. I know my 4" versions shoot to the top of the front sight and I'm assuming the 5" will be close to the same.....we'll see. It might be noted that Meprolight used to offer specific sits for the P99/PPQ and a different set for the P99C where the front sight was a little shorter on the P99C. Now they only offer one choice....the same set for the P99 and P99C.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally had a chance to shoot my 5" .40 with adjustable LPR rear and Dawson front... dang, I love it. I dialed in my competition handloads to a nice 6 o'clock hold and looking forward to shooting a match now that I know where to aim.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts