Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in the title has anyone attached a compensator to a threaded ppq barrel, either a navy or a Jarvis barrel? Any information on what to do/not do or products that will work

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Those two are 40's.....I've been running 165 gr. thru em'. I've got the same setup on one of my 5" 9mm Q's, running 124 gr. Its just for chits and grins......I grin a lot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thought was to get a q4 tac and use the threaded barrel and I would also have the option to use the supressor recoil spring if there were any reliability issues. Does the lone wolf comp have a way to loctite it down?

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Uses a tiny set screw to lock er' down. Can use some blue 242 on the allen screw. If you order a barrel from Javis, and plan on using a lone Wolf compensator, you can ask Jarvis to mill a little flat spot on the bottom of the barrel, corresponding to the location of the allen/set screw. I sent em' my compensator so they could fit/measure to get the milling correct. If they kept notes they could just refer back to what they did on mine.....if not, you might want to send your compensator to em'.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you clean your upper /barrel less? Seems like It might be a pia to take that comp off every time to field strip if it's loctited down but I would want it to be stable, for 60 bucks its worth a shot

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
I use loctite 242....I've never had a screw loosen up over time. And, loosening the set screw with an allen wrench is no problem either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts