Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a Tac 4 when they come out and would like a compensator for it. Which ones have worked well on your PPQs? I have tried searching on here for information and did not find much. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks great, but they’re out of stock. I did email them asking if they will make more. I know there are lots of comps out there that I can put on, just wanted to know which ones fit and work well.
Jeff

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ask imanoldfart. He has pics of ppq's with comps

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great picture, but what brand are those comps? Inquiring minds want to know. I did try looking through your posts, but with over 10,000 of them and none with compensator in the title I did not have much luck:) I do appreciate all of the ground breaking work you have done with Walthers.
Jeff

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the link. Are these comps held on with a set screw? If I can’t get a TBRC mini Comp I’ll try the Lone Wolf.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got an email from Texas Black Rifle Company. They will have more PPQ mini comps after the first of the year. Probably a good idea to contact them and let them know you want one so they'll make enough. The first run sold out quickly.
Jeff

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got an email from Texas Black Rifle Company. They will have more PPQ mini comps after the first of the year. Probably a good idea to contact them and let them know you want one so they'll make enough. The first run sold out quickly.
Jeff
Cool, I'll probably email them I think I want one.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
It looks like this one is taking some chunks of polymer off of the guide rod.

If all of them exhibit this behavior, I'd suggest being very careful installing one, especially if you've switched to a steel guide rod of any type. I'd imagine that you could do irreversible damage to the barrel and/or frame if these impact each other at high speed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the Comp might be too close to the frame. If that’s the case you would have to unscrew it one full turn.
Jeff

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
If that’s the case you would have to unscrew it one full turn.
A full turn of a comp on a PPQ threaded barrel should equal to about 1/28th of an inch in distance.

It is possible that the marks on the end of the guide rod came from something else other than an impact with the compensator, but I'd suggest inspecting the clearance between these parts when cycling the slide, until proven otherwise. Especially on those with steel guide rods.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has anybody used or seen one of the TBRC comps? Can’t really find a good review other than a YouTube post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
The Texas Black Rifle Company micro comp is back in stock. I went ahead and ordered one to put on a Q4 TAC when I get one eventually, so unfortunately I doubt I'll have the chance to try it out any time soon.

Anyway, if any of you were wanting to get one, the website says there are 17 left as of now. So you might want to hurry!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts