Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I confess that I am a bit of a type "A" personality. I like things to be neat and match when at all possible. This is one reason that I own 3 P99’s all in AS. I like one model, one system. Now I really like my compact but the only thing that ever bugged me about it is its flared trigger guard. Kinda looks like the thing has sort of a pot-belly. And I noticed that the new P99 compact in DAO has, not only and ambi slide release, but also a more squared trigger guard. Now here is the question? I wonder if this is merely a cosmetic change or is there something different in the DAO trigger system that would allow for this in the compact version. If they can do this in one version I can’t imagine why they couldn’t do it in another. And I prefer the squared version over the belly swell...inquiring minds would like to know.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I don't have the catalog w/ me, but I believe this is the change in the trigger guard that they did when they extended the mag release to the longer levers. My comact P99 is a 2004 model, with that initial trigger guard change and the open rails. My fullsize P99 is a 2006 model, and it has the longer mag release levers that they did in 2005, and it also has a slightly different trigger guard - they altered that too.

So, I do not believe it is only on the DAO. Its on all the P99s now made after 2005.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I have a full size that has the squared guard and short mag release. So I wonder if you can get a compact with the squared guard and short mag release...

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Actually - U say U have have the square trigger guard but the short release - this is the 2004 model. They changed it again in 2005 - Long release, with ANOTHER trigger guard change.

Here is a pic of mine - ignore the SW99 in the pic. The compact is the 2004 model w/ the short release and the 2004 trigger guard. My fullsize has the long mag release and the 3rd incarnation of the trigger guard..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts