Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called Comp-Tac to place an order for a "new model"
P99. They told me that they only have a mold for the older modles. So when I told them that everyone I ask tells me that there is no difference fot the fit of the pistol. They still said that the newer models will not fit and will rattle around. Can somone clarify this for me because for the last week i was set on getting the Pro Undercover. I have a fobus OWB holster that was made for the older P99 and it fits my new one just fine so I dont see how the fit can be so bad with the new models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm.. I don't know if this offers any insight, but I've got a couple of Uncle Mike's kydex holsters that are obviously molded for the older style triggergaurd, but they still work, since the major friction point that grabs the triggerguard is in relatively the same spot. The gun does angle a tad though. But no rattle, and it's not enough to snag the draw, as there's a fair amount of clearance in the body of the holster. Maybe the retention points in the Comp-Tac are different?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Simple!

Comp-Tac knows the product they manufacture and sell. If they say that the molds are different, then I'd listen to them...

If something goes wrong with the holster, or it isn't to your liking, then they can say that they told 'ya so.

Trust the manufacturer when they tell you that something will not work. Generally, if the company is giving up a sale in the situation in question, then I'd believe what they say to be factual. They could have said "no problemo" and sent you a holster that wouldn't perfectly fit your gun.

-stunks

·
Registered
13 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (007uses_it_y_not_us @ June 22 2006,1:31)]When you say angle do you mean it moves up and down a little easier than the older modle?
Doesn't slop around, but the bore axis is about 5 degrees off from the axis of the holster.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just ordered a comp-tac pro undercover IWB. lets hope it fits my P99 AS with new trigger guard and longer mag release. I hope it does but it not then does anyone want a brand new comp-tac IWB pro undercover for their old P99

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a comp-tac paddle and gurkha made for an older style trigger guard and it fits my new style just fine.
cheers,
Derek

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
If it will not fit your NEW new P99 ......
shoot me a line... I would love a IWB pro undercover......

thanks
Oliver

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think we have to be careful when we say "new model P99". Does that mean 2004, when they redesigned the trigger guard? Or 2005+, for the models with the longer mag release?

I have a CompTac C.T.A.C. and a Pro Undercover for my 2004 (AE date code) P99 and P99C. Although CompTac claimed their holster wouldn't fit my "new style" gun, the fit for both guns in both holsters is perfect. There may be something about the redesign of the trigger guard and the longer mag release that changes it -- but if your gun has the "standard" size controls, you won't have any problem with a CompTac.

If anyone is interested in the C.T.A.C., I have it listed in the classifieds. Great holster -- just not right for me.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got my comptac. From what I can tell the fit is perfect. It looks like there is about a half an inch space between the barrel and the end of the kydex holster. it tapers off so i figured the barrel tip of the pistol isnt supposed to go all the way to the end. all in all it looks like it doesnt matter about the trigger guard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts