Walther Forums banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I can talk to the folks in creative about the banner. Can you give me specific ideas on what y'all would want in the banner?
Of the five pistol images displayed in the banner the CCP in the center and the 1911 Colt Gold Cup on the far right are actually made by Umarex, the parent company of Walther. The stainless PPK next to the 1911 is a modern version and not one of the classic ones. This really annoys a lot of members and its been discussed repeatedly here with no action by Admin. So simply replacing those three images might reduce some friction.

The replacements that have been mentioned in the feedback thread are the Walther P.38, Walther P5, and a vintage Walther PPK.

If you need pictures to use for a new banner there are members here who would be happy to let you use one of their photographs so there isn't any copyright problem for VerticalScope to deal with.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Apologies, Ms. Cricket.

The fist item has been discussed since day one in this thread, and in others.
The second item addressed a default, not an user option. Why would I make a sig line and then elect to hide it?
As for updates, we know how the last one went, and that doesn't address my question (although it was admittedly rhetorical).

Thanks.

Reactions: admin and olsoul

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Of the five pistol images displayed in the banner the CCP in the center and the 1911 Colt Gold Cup on the far right are actually made by Umarex, the parent company of Walther. The stainless PPK next to the 1911 is a modern version and not one of the classic ones. This really annoys a lot of members and its been discussed repeatedly here with no action by Admin. So simply replacing those three images might reduce some friction.

The replacements that have been mentioned in the feedback thread are the Walther P.38, Walther P5, and a vintage Walther PPK.

If you need pictures to use for a new banner there are members here who would be happy to let you use one of their photographs so there isn't any copyright problem for VerticalScope to deal with.
I will see what creative can do and reach out if we need user images.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
@Redcat94

Can you or another member find us a picture of their P5 from the side angle for the new banner? It has to be a high-quality image from the side view and allow us to have permission to use it.

We plan on using these two also per the community request.

_02pp38_shutterstock_671241244.jpg

_01pp_shutterstock_547597009.jpg

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
No problem. I'm going to have to fabricate a small light box to take the neccessary picture. I've been putting this off for years so this is a good incentive for me to get it done. Just give me a few days.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yikes, that is one rusty PPK!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Is there any other way than becoming a Site Supporter to get rid of that obnoxious Humana ad that covers a large portion of my screen?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Admin,
How do I turn off auto fill spelling suggestion using an Android?

The Walther Forum software has this turned on. Problem is it really is a auto spell typo and wrong word generator.
Also can not go back and edit once the post is made.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
You have my permission to use these photos. Let me know if they're not acceptable and I can take some more.
Thanks, I will see if they can update the banner with this, which image should they replace?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Is there any other way than becoming a Site Supporter to get rid of that obnoxious Humana ad that covers a large portion of my screen?
You can become a premium member:

Admin,
How do I turn off auto fill spelling suggestion using an Android?

The Walther Forum software has this turned on. Problem is it really is a auto spell typo and wrong word generator.
Also can not go back and edit once the post is made.
You will have to adjust those settings on our Android.

Jeff M

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Thanks Jeff, that banner fix and inclusion of an option for inserting large images in addition to the thumbnails are much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
I like the new banner. I wonder who provided the pictures of the PPK and P.38 ?

161 - 180 of 182 Posts